Job Level: Professional
Location: Rotterdam, NL, 3000 AB Brussels, BE, 1210
Due Date: ASAP
Area of Expertise: IT & Tech Engineering
Unit: Allianz BeNeLux
Job Type: Full-Time
Remote Job: Remote working due to Covid 19
Employment Type: Permanent
The insurance world is changing fast due to ever increasing availability of data as well as evolution of technology. By consequence, the industry must move fast to act instead of just reacting. In this context, we are looking for a motivated, proactive and team-oriented Data Scientist to reinforce our Data Office team. You want to work with different areas of business within the company? You want to collaborate with other analytics teams of Allianz? You want to participate on advanced and strategic data projects? You might be the Data Scientist we’re looking for!
What do you get in return?
- As a Data Scientist, we offer you a full-time challenging role in an international landscape based in Brussels or Rotterdam;
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, world leader in assistance and insurance;
- A pleasant working atmosphere in an experienced and enthusiastic team;
- A fascinating, versatile and multilingual job;
- Development opportunities and a nice salary package supplemented with additional benefits based on the country you will be based out of;
- The opportunity to have full flexibility in your work hours and of course to ability to work from home.
Let’s do the match
- You have a background in a Data Science related field (including statistics, mathematics, IA). PhD is not a must but considered as a plus;
- You have knowledge of the Insurance sector, the products and industry requirements;
- You have experience in Machine Learning Engineering with specifical deployment of MLOps principles;
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy understandable way;
- You have experience with NLP in R of Phyton;
- Knowledge in behavioral science, cognitive modelling, reinforcement learning or expertise modelling is an advantage;
- Proven experience in working with large datasets and databases (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB and ElasticSearch;);
- Knowledge of additional programming languages (e.g. C++, Java) and graph database (e.g. Neo4J) is a plus;
- Strong intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills with an Agile mindset;
- Proven leadership with the ability to inspire others, build strong relationships and create a true followership of result-driven achievers;
- Your English is excellent, and speaking French or Dutch is a plus (but not mandatory).
Working as a Data Scientist within our tribe will give you the opportunity to:
- Drive the industry’s most innovative data solutions together with the company’s business all the way to their daily operations
- Create innovative approaches to answer business questions
- Prepare complete data analyses and models to help solving business problems and deliver significant measurable impact
- Identify and communicate complex data related requirements together with business and IT stakeholders
- Understand the design and development process of data analytics tools and implement models successfully into the existing business processes
- Work with the stakeholders in agile mode to ensure flexibility, continuous improvement and, ultimately, success
Since 1890, all around the globe, we at Allianz have been working hard to secure people’s lives and to give courage to our customers for what’s ahead. We are a diverse community of experts delivering outstanding insurance and asset management products in more than 70 countries. We are actuaries, advisors and service agents; underwriters, lawyers, marketing and technology experts.
No. of Employees