We have unique opportunity for a Data Analyst or Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to create and manage Power BI reports and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. In this role, you should have an extensive background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. Also, if you have a strong business acumen and a problem-solving aptitude, we would like to meet you. Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence capabilities to help us make better decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally to gather requirements, develop and maintain automated dashboards, KPI/metric reports, and data visualizations using Power BI
- Translate functional specifications into technical specifications, including tasks, timelines, and time estimates
- Design, build and deploy BI reports/dashboards and data visualizations using Power BI and/or PivotTable
- Analyze data and develop outputs/solutions which will provide actionable insights to sales team and commercial operations
- Assess and improve existing reporting and processes, helping to identify enhancement ideas and improvements in ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Conduct unit testing and data troubleshooting
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate systems and automate ETL process whenever applicable
- Become a trusted partner to department leaders while educating stakeholders on the value of business intelligence solutions and best practices and how to use them successfully
- Maintain and update user training documentation
- At least 4-6 years of experience using Power BI (including M code and DAX), data storytelling / visualization, report publishing, security
- Understanding data warehouse design, modeling (dimensions and data mining)
- Familiarity with technologies and design concepts such as: ETL, structured data, data cleansing, SQL queries etc.
- Hands-on experience in writing DAX calculations, Intermediate or better proficiency in DAX
- Advanced knowledge of Power Query
- Experience in creating BI reports based on inputs from a variety of data sources
- Knowledge with Qlik is a great plus or ability to learn the platform
- Skilled in analyzing, interpreting, and solving complex business problems
- Proven ability to be team oriented and self-directed
- Competent within the MS Office Suite, proficient Excel skills
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Machine learning (AI) application experience
- SFDC, Qlik, SAP, and Oracle Fusion knowledge
- Programming experience (Python, Java, JSON, etc.)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field – data science, finance, statistics, economics, engineering, or related field.
- Masters degree is desirable (MIDS, MIS, MBA)
General Electric - GE
General Electric Company is an American multinational conglomerate incorporated in New York City and headquartered in Boston. As of 2018, the company operates through the following segments: aviation, healthcare, power, renewable energy, digital industry, additive manufacturing and venture capital and finance.
No. of Employees
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
General Electric - GE is currently hiring BI Analyst Jobs in Marlborough, MA, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.