The Staff Machine Learning Deployment Engineer will be responsible for implementing and delivering re-usable analytics solutions on cloud in the area for physical-digital technologies to implement inspection, BOT, deep learning and other AI-based application in energy industry such as Thermal Power, Renewables, or Power Transmission and Distribution areas to grow AI-driven services for industrial applications. Use Lean principals, Digital technologies such as cloud/AI to implement, operationalize and scale analytics applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will work with a global set of experts in GE Digital, Gas Power, Renewable businesses to implement AI-Based algorithms for inspecting GE equipment such as Wind turbine blades, implement remaining life prediction algorithms, develop clustering algorithms for developing data-based predictive signatures.
- Deploy these algorithm on AWS with API and microservices architectures using Python.
- Leverage standard set of analytics & algorithms, cloud software technologies, data engineering practices to implement AI-based algorithms, integrate them into broader business applications, and scale them to thousands of users.
- You will engage key technical & subject matter experts (SMEs) across the business for knowledge capture into the solutions. You will also provide core product requirements to Product Management, Software Engineering and UX Design teams. You will mentor other engineers in analytics development process and methods.
- Work on a team of Analytics Engineers and Data Scientists to implement and operationalize algorithm on Cloud. Implement API, services to connect data to algorithm, running of algorithms, sorting of results and display of results in repeatable and reusable software modules.
- Write Analytics Functional Documentation for the Field Services teams, gather end-user and customer requirements and support product engineering in development of new generations of software solutions
- Develop a trusted advocate relationship with internal and external customer constituents.
- Drive repeatability in solution component architectures and improve speed of development and implementation via using of Lean principles. Foster an environment that encourages innovation, creative risk taking, speed, agility designing in analytics development and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a small, collaborative project team
- Attention to detail with a willingness to follow a rigorous quality process.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for the use of complex software applications, abstract concepts, use of data
- Understanding of industrial equipment and process operations, especially in the areas of maintenance and process control
- Multiple years of Experience designing and implementing analytics
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Clear understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and respective experience with its application in design and development phases
- Proven experience designing, deploying or operating applications / infrastructure in a public or private cloud environment
- Knowledge and experience using Analytics Software Packages like Matlab, and python and cloud based analytics services such as AWS
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
- Strong Customer mindset and ability to understand commercial and product strategy
- Bridging between Research and Solution design
- Demonstrates awareness of important current trends (economic, political, environmental, regulatory, etc.) affecting the industries that GE Digital operates in
- Experience working effectively on multiple outcome-focused commercial solutions simultaneously
- Ability to synthesize broad-based user requirements into a unified plan to meet key business objectives
- Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytics skills and best practices by actively incorporating input from various sources
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
- Continuous improvement oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives
- Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out and the ability to work independently
- Must be a team player with a strong desire to win
- Highly organized and efficient; able to balance competing priorities and execute accordingly
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) + with 8 years of experience minimum
- Strong knowledge of python-based analytic development, APIs and automation is required.
- Some experience in implementing and scaling of analytics on cloud platform such as AWS is required.
- Hands-on experience in docker, web services (eg, REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc. is required.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of industrial equipment, their operations, reliability, failure is highly desired.
- Experience with Big Data / Hadoop and NoSQL Database is a big plus
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
General Electric - GE
General Electric Company is an American multinational conglomerate incorporated in New York City and headquartered in Boston. As of 2018, the company operates through the following segments: aviation, healthcare, power, renewable energy, digital industry, additive manufacturing and venture capital and finance.
No. of Employees
Boston, Massachusetts, USA