Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
Data Scientist - National TV Analytics Team - 85281
Data Science - USA Oldsmar, Florida
This Data Scientist position will be part of our National TV team within the Data Science, TV Product organization. This team supports many cross-functional teams such as Data Science Product Enhancement, Data Science Methods, Data Science Business Leadership, Product Leadership, Watch Operations, Audit, and Client Services. This team also works very closely with AppDev teams to validate production implementations of complex methodology.
What will I do?
- Learn and become an expert in TV Audience Measurement, with a focus on data structures and computations.
- Support analyses for Data Science teams including custom requests, client inquiries, impact of changing methodologies, standards and best practices.
- Learn and become an expert in how big data flows through Nielsen systems in order to create reliable data views that will feed into client inquiry processes.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and validate enhanced audience measurement methodologies.
- Collaboratively create and manage projects from beginning to end; including developing analytical plan, running analyses, and summarizing results while effectively managing expectations with key stakeholders.
- Respond to client inquiries: Examine analysis specifications for completeness, determine how to execute the analysis with available data, modify specifications as needed, provide an estimated delivery date, and accurately deliver analyses on time with a summary of the key insights.
- Provide oversight and consultation to Data Scientists and Analysts.
- Independently write custom Python, Spark, and SQL code.
- Champion and govern best practices for data use and software development.
- Detect and address quality escapes.
- Pro-actively gather information, as needed, to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Key tasks include – but are not limited to – data integration, automation, examining large volumes of data, identifying trends and being able to understand the methodology to be able to explain said trends, and identifying methodological and process improvements. Other project areas may include representation/sampling, bias reduction, and indirect estimation.
Is this for me?
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Operation Research, Mathematics, or Engineering with outstanding analytical expertise.
- More than 1 year of experience with one or more of the following: python programming, data manipulation, data integration, trend or pattern recognition, statistical analysis, algorithm development, data aggregation techniques, automation, data visualizations, quality assurance, weighting, sampling, survey or market research.
- Expert skills in Python, Spark, or Scala.
- Proficient in SQL and large-scale databases.
- Have the ability to manipulate, analyze, interpret large data sources, and tell a story from data through analyses
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have an aptitude for leadership or mentoring
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Preferred experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy)
- Preferred proficiency in developing and scaling new methodology
- Preferred experience in Airflow, Unix, AWS, Cloud Infrastructure
The Nielsen Corporation, self-referentially known as The Nielsen Company, and formerly known as ACNielsen or AC Nielsen, is a global marketing research firm, with worldwide headquarters in New York City, United States. Regional headquarters for North America are located in Chicago.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Nielsen is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in Oldsmar, FL, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.