Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
Software Engineer (Java + Python) - 88743
Gracenote - India Mumbai, Maharashtra
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will be involved in the evolving technology strategy architecting enterprise wide solutions.
- Understanding the company's key business objectives, evolving technology strategy and architecting enterprise wide solutions.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the portfolio of reference architectural strategy including development models, frameworks, reusable assets, design strategy (e.g. management, integration and optimization), and apply to ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Endeavors to minimize component complexity in the design and deployment of enterprise technology architecture through standards-based product(s) selection and implementation.
- Participate in the Architecture Review Board, providing technical guidance and design review / validation to strategic projects.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes and advancements; identifies opportunities to apply technology for competitive advantage.
- Mentors technology team members on capabilities and application of emerging technologies.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, distributed systems and relational database concepts.
- Technical expertise and extensive experience with Java, Python, Golang, Docker, Git, Design Patterns, ELK, AWS Basic knowledge etc. and ability to research and apply newer technologies towards development of large scale systems.
- Strong understanding of RDBMS (primarily SQL Server) concepts, inner workings and SQL development.
- Working knowledge on Python/Golang is a must have.
- Ability to work on all facets of building a highly scalable, resilient, secure, stable & high performing solution.
- Should have participated in and be familiar with Agile project methodologies.
- B.E. / B.Tech / BCA / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 2 – 4 years experience
- Proven ability to understand business objectives and translate into both conceptual architecture and project level deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate directly with stakeholders.
- Should be a fast learner and have the ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced (nimble) environments.
- Work with vertical product teams across the globe and manage his/her own daily activities of issue resolution and communication across project execution teams.
- Experience in working on public cloud environments like AWS, Azure w.r.t. solutions development, deployment & adoption of cloud based technology components like IaaS / PaaS offerings.
- Working expertise on any Big Data Processing Technologies like Apache Spark would be an added advantage.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Working together across functions, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfill them.
The Nielsen Corporation, self-referentially known as The Nielsen Company, and formerly known as ACNielsen or AC Nielsen, is a global marketing research firm, with worldwide headquarters in New York City, United States. Regional headquarters for North America are located in Chicago.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Nielsen is currently hiring Software Engineer Jobs in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India with average base salary of ₹840,000 - ₹2,160,000 / Year.