Data Sciences Product Leader - Data Quality Leader (Data Manager)
2 Year Contract
As a Data Sciences Product Leader, you will be part of our Portfolio Delivery Pods within Data Strategy and Delivery in PD Data Sciences. You will work as a Data Quality Leader (Data Manager) within the Clinical Data Management (CDM) function and with a team of experts in data life-cycle management who acquire and curate data for use in exploratory research, clinical development and evidence generation.
- You will collaborate with peers within the function and across the organization to identify, design and execute fit for purpose data management solutions, adhering to F.A.I.R. (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) principles.
- You will ensure the timely completion of data management deliverables and partner with External Business Partners (ExBPs) and vendors, overseeing and providing technical expertise in the delivery of high quality data.
- You may also contribute to functional, cross functional, enterprise-wide or external initiatives that shape our technical landscape, business and healthcare environments. You will need strong strategic, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to evolve the way we collect and deliver data and to develop and deliver medicines for our patients.
- Collaborate with peers within the function and across the organization to identify, design and execute fit for purpose data management solutions, ensuring FAIR principles are adhered to.
- Act as experts for data collection and acquisition, advising teams and stakeholders on best practices and proposing innovative solutions. e.g. the collection of new data types (e.g. emergent biomarkers), new technologies (e.g. sensors), and new data sources (e.g. RWD, EMR).
- Partner with and provide oversight of data management deliverables (e.g. Work- Packages) to our External Business Partners (ExBPs) and vendors. Provide Quality Assurance on tasks as applicable to ensure a high quality of data and compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
- Proactively manage timelines and track decisions, ensuring successful delivery of the study work packages carried out at ExBPs. Continue to be accountable for quality and where needed, provide support in the form of business and technical expertise to our ExBPs.
- Oversee ExBPs in Sample management and eManifest process, ensuring timely, proactive resolution of queries.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders across the business to understand their needs and influence their understanding of decisions made in our function. Inform stakeholders of status of key deliverables and act on changing milestones.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand their data insight needs and offer Data Management solutions. Demonstrate a strong understanding of the data flow from collection through to analysis and filing.
- Partner with relevant functions for external data vendor selection and management. Oversee development of data transfer agreements with vendors ensuring use of standards, fit-for-purpose data models and transfer intervals.
- Use data surveillance tools and strategies to provide aggregate level reviews designed to identify patterns or anomalies in our data to ensure high quality results.
- Collaborate and contribute to functional/cross-functional initiatives or goals to promote new ways of working, including emerging technologies. Enable broader and more effective use of data to support the business.
- BSc or MSc in Life Sciences, Data/Computer Science, Bioinformatics OR equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in leading CDM study teams and maintaining oversight of all start-up, conduct and close-out activities for multiple or complex studies, ensuring fit for purpose quality (including oversight of ExBPs, Vendors, CROs and Collaborative Groups).
- Experience in leading the collection of clinical trial data and/or Real World Data.
- Good understanding of molecule and disease area strategies, healthcare environments, as well as strong scientific and technical expertise.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and excellent communication skills – both written and oral (proficiency in English required).
- Knowledge of CDISC data standards.
- Knowledge of ICH-GCP and working in regulated environments.
- Project Management skills.
- Able to manage multiple requests and priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities around decision-making, negotiation, motivation (self and others) and influencing.
- Experience with data analytics and/or visualization tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to mentor others and willingness to learn new techniques.
- Knowledge of biological principles, display interest and demonstrate scientific curiosity including an understanding of data types and their scientific use (clinical, biomarker, WGS, RNA-seq, etc.).
- Extensive technical and/or industry experience required for senior roles.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche Pharma Canada has its office in Mississauga, Ontario and employs over 850 employees. The Mississauga facility is bright, vibrant, fosters collaboration and teamwork, and is reflective of Roche's truly innovative culture.
Roche Holding AG
F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, commonly known as Roche, is a Swiss multinational healthcare company that operates worldwide under two divisions: Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics. Its holding company, Roche Holding AG, has shares listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange. The company headquarters are located in Basel.
No. of Employees
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Roche Holding AG is currently hiring Data Science Manager Jobs in Mississauga, ON, Canada with average base salary of Can$90,000 - Can$190,000 / Year.