Leidos is offering a remote AI/ML Summer 2023 Internship out of our Arlington, VA office (virtual). This position is for an intern that is motivated to learn quickly. The candidate should be familiar with Python and have some experience with NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scikit Learn, Keras, Tensorflow, and Pytorch. The candidate must be intellectually adaptive, curious, good at expressing their needs, and able to manage themselves across their tasking. Selected candidates work alongside junior and senior software/system engineers and research/data scientists with expertise in multi-modal information retrieval, reinforcement learning, AI operations, ML operations, AI Cyber, graph analytics, using attention with transformers, natural language processing, adversarial machine learning, deep neural nets, ML model deployment, UI development, computer vision, metrics, information science, artificial intelligence, and autonomous systems. The applied nature of this research will ensure the AI/ML Summer interns’ hard work will impact the entire Leidos community and the mission-critical applications they serve.
- Create AI/ML prototypes for use cases requiring identifying entities/objects, determining object association, object disambiguation, anomaly detection, state estimations, etc.
- Develop and maintain data models (both physical and logical)
- Perform extraction, transform, and load (ETL) tasks related to the different modalities and algorithms applied. This data ETL includes identifying the data's relevant metadata to ensure consistency, quality, accuracy, integrity, information assurance, and security.
- Packaging ML models into containers
- Conduct anomaly detection using various AI/ML techniques
- Use algorithms to identify complex patterns across multiple modalities
- Increase the efficiency and quality of data alignment and fusion
- Enhance and maintain analysis tools, including automation of current processes using AI/ML algorithms
- Direct quantitative data analysis, including developing retrieval, processing, fusion, analytics, and visualization of various datasets
- Configure and program prototypes Jupyter notebooks with ML solutions
- Setup and use AWS instances to train and operate AI/ML models
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance with polygraph
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Practical experience with deep learning model creation/deployment
- Intermediate software development skills, including developing and maintaining code bases
- Hands-on Software Development Skills (Python-Preferred)
- Experience or educational courses/projects in Machine Learning
- Good understanding of machine learning algorithms, tools and platforms
- Experience in at least three of these Toolkits: NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Pytorch, Keras, Genism, vow pal wabbit, Stanford CoreNLP, , etc.
- Understanding of programming fundamentals
- Python proficiency
- Self-starter and intellectual curiosity
- Great communication skills, ability to explain predictive analytics to non-technical audience
- Proficiency in data exploration techniques and tools
- Hands-on experience with prototype development
- Hands-on experience with automating data cleansing, formatting, staging, and transformation
- Hands-on experience reading and replicating code/ideas from published academic papers
- Hands-on experience applying data analytics
- Hands-on experience with Convolutional Neural Networks, Deep Neural Networks, Recurrent Neural Network, and Graph Neural Network
- Experience with the interpretability of deep learning models
- Experience in deep learning approaches to computer vision and natural language processing
Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos, formerly known as Science Applications International Corporation, is an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company headquartered in Reston, Virginia, that provides scientific, engineering, systems integration, and technical services.