Leidos tackles the most challenging national defense problems using advanced signal processing algorithms and data analytics. At our San Diego office, we have a dedicated and experienced team of scientists and engineers devoted to squeezing the last bit of information from every data set, and we seek a candidate with an interest in algorithm research, development, and implementation, who also possesses a strong scientific curiosity and desire to learn new things. Leidos is an employee-friendly company with a strong benefits package, flexible working hours, and a collegial atmosphere. Come join our growing team!
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members (Machine Learning Researchers, Data Scientists, Acousticians, Physicists, Mathematicians, Signal Processing Engineers, Electrical Engineers, system Engineers, and more) to develop cutting edge solutions to complex problems.
- Develop and refine innovative signal processing and algorithms for National Defense
- Conduct data analysis and explore various techniques/algorithms for noise reduction, detection, and characterization.
What's in it for you?
- A challenging, fast-paced work environment to solve critically important, real-world problems with unique radar data
- Flexible work schedule to maintain work-life balance
- Professional and technical development opportunities through mentoring programs and full tuition coverage for Masters and PhD programs
- A research-oriented environment with a small business feel created by an accessible organizational structure
- BS degree with 8+ years of prior relevant radar signal processing experience, Masters with 6 + of prior radar signal processing experience or Doctoral degree in a scientific field such as applied math, physics, or engineering.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience in scientific algorithm development and radar data analysis.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Fluency in MATLAB, Python, or similar high-level language
- Proven track record of innovation, problem solving, and achieving technical results
- Strong documentation skills
- Required on-site full-time work in San Diego, CA
- Familiarity with complex radar phenomenology, detection, and characterization.
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Comfortable with public speaking and/or customer presentations
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos, formerly known as Science Applications International Corporation, is an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company headquartered in Reston, Virginia, that provides scientific, engineering, systems integration, and technical services.