Are you a Data Scientist who wants to perform cutting-edge research and development and data analytics in support of DoD projects in the Dayton, OH/Wright-Patterson AFB area? Are you interested in supporting ongoing and future programs that advance the state of the art in the application of machine learning and data fusion to remote sensing from Air, Space, and Surface
This position is based in Beavercreek, OH. However, there is flexibility for candidates to work from home on a part-time basis. You will design and optimize Data Science platforms and applications to advance national security objectives, conduct analysis and produce and produce impactful results, disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations with real-world applications.
Exciting stuff you will do:
- Work closely with customers, senior principal investigators, software developers, and program managers on small teams to design and optimize Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence platforms to support our DoD customers’ goals related to remote sensing and sensor data exploitation.
- Work with a variety of large remote sensing datasets (Synthetic Aperture Radar, Lidar, Infrared, Acoustic) with application to DoD war-fighter platforms (aircraft, satellites, etc.)
- Support multiple simultaneous projects and take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently and collaboratively make discoveries that are mission-relevant, and package and deliver the findings to a non-technical audience
- Exercise your intellectual curiosity, quantitative acumen, and customer-focus to identify and create novel sources of data across a range of fields to improve the performance of predictive algorithms.
- Apply your strong background in experiment design, exploratory analysis, quantitative methods, user interface application design, and experience with customer outreach and engagement.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- S. Degree in a quantitative or analytical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics and 8+ years’ experience or a Master’s Degree with 6+ years of experience or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Strong familiarity with the principles of related disciplines such as Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling, Statistical Analysis, and Hypothesis Testing.
- Previous experience developing predictive algorithms with statistical pattern recognition, image processing and image classification methodologies, and/or deep learning experience
- Be able to support multiple simultaneous projects and effectively take high-level guidance
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively to make mission-relevant discoveries
- Good communication skills to effectively convey your work to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with Python
- Previous Data Science project experience using common tool sets such as Scikit-Learn, PyTorch, etc.
- A self-starter with a proven track record of active learning and creative problem solving
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Active SECRET or TS/SCI clearance
- Proficiency with MATLAB
- Proficient in one or more big data programming languages, such as Java
- Proficient in object-oriented program languages such as C++
- Ability to analyze and assess software development or data acquisition requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions
- Have significant experience directly supporting defense community customers where you demonstrated progressive technical development and produced mission-focused outcomes
- Experience blending analytical methodologies and leveraging existing COTS/GOTS/OS tools in unconventional manners
- Experience manipulating remote sensing data (Synthetic Aperture Radar, Lidar, Electro-Optical, Infrared, Acoustic, etc.)
- Proven ability to lead project development efforts
- Familiarity using Git, SVN, JIRA, or other version control technologies
- Familiarity with embedded hardware/software development principles
Leidos, formerly known as Science Applications International Corporation, is an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company headquartered in Reston, Virginia, that provides scientific, engineering, systems integration, and technical services.