Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! At Leidos we are committed ensuring work life balance. We offer a variety of options for career development (including fully paid continuing education and training) and rewarding your career longevity and progression. Leidos is the employer of choice for the NEXT GENERATION of cyber scientist and analysts. You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Pandemic Paid Leave, Parental Paid Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced scientists, technicians, engineers, and analysts. The FIRST of the Next Generation Analysis Contracts is set to be awarded early this summer. This multi-year contract needs you to fill highly skilled mathematicians, scientists, engineers, planners, collection managers and analysts.
As a Data Scientist, you will enjoy cutting-edge work developing creative solutions to address data analytics challenges, to collect large volumes of data from varying sources, clean and interpret data, create solutions to overcome challenges, and communicate with interested entities. Join a tremendously talented technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
- Employ highly creative solutions to address data analytics challenges to our mission, to collect large volumes of data from varying sources, clean and interpret data, create solutions to overcome challenges, and communicate with interested entities.
- To succeed in this position; you need to be curious, creative, and tech-savvy. You need to stay up to date with data programming software and apps, have an outstanding understanding of statistics and mathematics and be proficient in writing algorithms. You must be persistent and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Devise strategies for extracting meaning and value from large datasets.
- Make/communicate principled conclusions from data using mathematics, statistics, computer science, and application specific knowledge.
- Make informed recommendations regarding competing technical solutions through awareness of the constantly shifting collections, processing, storage and analytic capabilities and limitations.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Degree must be in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Operations Research, or Computer Science. A degree in a related field (e.g., Computer Information Systems, Engineering,), a degree in the physical/hard sciences (e.g. physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy), or other science disciplines with a substantial computational component (i.e., behavioral, social, and life) may be considered if it includes a concentration of coursework (typically 5 or more courses) in advanced mathematics (typically 300 level or higher; such as linear algebra, probability and statistics, machine learning) and/or computer science (e.g., algorithms, programming, data structures, data mining, artificial intelligence). College-level Algebra or other math courses intended to meet a basic college level requirement, or upper-level math courses designated as elementary or basic do not count.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- You would really impress us by bringing experience relevant experience in designing/implementing machine learning, data science, advanced analytical algorithms, programming (skill in at least one high-level language (e.g. Python)), statistical analysis (e.g. variability, sampling error, inference, hypothesis testing, EDA, application of linear models), data management (e.g. data cleaning and transformation), data mining, data modeling and assessment, artificial intelligence, and/or software engineering. Experience in more than one area is strongly preferred.
Leidos, formerly known as Science Applications International Corporation, is an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company headquartered in Reston, Virginia, that provides scientific, engineering, systems integration, and technical services.