At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Data Engineer - Asymmetric Threat Statistical Analyst on our IMAX program. As an Asymmetric Threat Statistical Analyst, you will provide analytical support to our government client and forward deployed units. The focus is on countering improvised threats and the networks that finance, build, or employ such threats.
- Provide large-scale advanced analytics support; collect, parse, transform, and integrate relevant data in support of projects; and provide operational, systems, and intelligence analysis to support the mission.
- You will apply your expertise to provide data supporting strategic and operational requests from deployed and deploying units. These data may be used to: assist decision makers with risk assessments, prioritization, and/or to provide leadership with quantitative organizational assessments to support functional evaluations.
- Develop, document, implement, and automate ETL (extract transform load) processes using SQL® and other analytical programming tools that most efficiently import structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data from new and/or dynamic data sources, ensuring data validity, reliability, and availability to users.
- You will collaborate with team members to ensure retrieval of information pertinent to current work and timely dissemination of counter asymmetric threat products.
- May include domestic and overseas travel deployments, including austere locations.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field and eight plus years of experience.
- Significant programming experience in SQL® (including VBA, and macro) and in at least one other programming language (Python, R, Perl, C++)
- Active Top Secret/Specialized Compartmented Information Security Clearance.
- The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with some government oversight and function effectively as part of a team in a joint working environment.
- SQL Certified Programmer certificate prior to employment.
- Degree in one of the following disciplines: Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Experience using Python libraries including pandas, scipy, numpy, matplotlib, requests, or similar libraries in another programming language.
- Knowledge of how to utilize business intelligence tools and processes that improve readability of and access to data, through the creation of stored/scheduled processes and effective visualization.
- Ability to create complex programs that ingest, parse, clean, transform, and analyze large (millions of records) datasets; to apply mathematical and statistical models to real-world data, and; to deliver analytical results through written and oral presentations.
- Prior experience utilizing ETL software (e.g., PowerCenter, Pentaho, PLSQL), Business Intelligence software (e.g., SAS® BI, Oracle BI, Cognos, Business Objects), or Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) software (e.g., ESRI ArcGIS® suite) is preferred.
- Experience interacting with “big data” systems such as Hadoop or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience using Alteryx Designer to build/manage workflows.
- Prior experience as an all-source intelligence analyst or ORSA
- Prior experience with Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) operations.
Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
Leidos, formerly known as Science Applications International Corporation, is an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company headquartered in Reston, Virginia, that provides scientific, engineering, systems integration, and technical services.