Leidos is seeking a HR Data Scientist to support our HR and Talent Acquisitions teams. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, knowledge of data science principles, and the ability to explain complex technical concepts to HR professionals with non-technical backgrounds. The HR Data Scientist will also work with HR D&A leadership to advise other HR Executives and Leaders on business problems and provide them with clear, actionable recommendations to address those challenges.
- Deliver meaningful metrics, trends, key insights, and analytic solutions in all areas of HR support and services.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses answering key business questions, covering all aspects of the employee lifecycle and ROI/efficiency. Present information and insights to all layers of the organization in a concise, clear, and timely manner.
- Create HR focused forecasting and machine learning models, integrating HR data with data from other business functional groups.
- Analyze current and historical trends based on large data-sets for building AI algorithms, to predict future success.
- Provide analysis of historical data from HR and other business functional groups for model creation and training.
- Audit performance data that is being used to train AI model, testing for adverse impacts in modeling prediction.
- Support AI/ ML HR focused initiatives across the Leidos enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field with 6+ years of experience or a Master's degree in a relevant technical field with 4+ years of experience (additional experience, education or training will be considered)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with HR data and workforce analytics particularly maintaining, understanding, interpreting, and forecasting data OR comparable data analysis experience
- Minimum of three (2) years of performing queries, performing ETL or data wrangling actions, developing reports and visualizations, and a variety of analytic products
- Experience with machine learning techniques, algorithms and AI
- Experience with applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Ability to understand and analyze datasets required for machine learning and AI algorithms. Experience processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Proficiency with program languages, tools, and applications (e.g. Python, SQL, R, ArcGIS, Tableau, ggplot) for analysis and visualization of data
- Exceptional ability to visually present and communicate data, analyses, and finding
- Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, and/or similar data analysis, visualization and business intelligence tools
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems logically and systematically
- Attention to detail and a thorough understanding of data and the organization structure, including impacts to data/metrics due to changes in organizational structure
- Excellent verbal, communication, project management and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex organization and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality with sensitive employee information
- Ability to work independently and be part of a cross-functional team environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with handling unstructured data
- Experience with Workday HR & ATS and Power BI
- Ability to navigate Leidos through data privacy and data governance issues
Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Leidos, formerly known as Science Applications International Corporation, is an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company headquartered in Reston, Virginia, that provides scientific, engineering, systems integration, and technical services.