Do you want to join a high performing team that values integrity, innovation, and collaboration with a company whose mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science? Are you interested making a difference by applying your machine learning and signal processing skills toward stateoftheart research and development problems? Leidos currently has an exciting opening for a machine learning and signal processing engineer to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office.
As our Machine Learning / Signal Processing Engineer, you will apply your skills to a wide variety of problems and datasets, primarily focused on remote sensing (Electronic Support Measures (ESM), acoustic, RF, EO/ IR, and lidar) applications. Current projects include, but are not limited to, detection, tracking, data fusion, and classification. We develop a variety of combat identification (CID) algorithms and systems for both air and ground targets and specialize in technologies to train these systems on synthetic data. We are looking for a qualified candidate to bring technical excellence, leadership, entrepreneurship, and creativity to our programs. You will interact with customers, participate in and lead technical projects areas, and have the opportunity to pursue growth in new areas. This position requires most job duties to be performed onsite due to the sensitive nature of this work and the desire for inperson collaboration, however we offer flexible inoffice hours and the ability to perform some job duties remotely.
Your day to day:
- Work closely with defense customers, other contractors, intelligence personnel, senior scientists, principal investigators, and program managers, to understand needs and develop or recommend solutions.
- Develop Automatic Target Recognition and Combat Identification (ATR/CID) algorithms and user interfaces using Python, MATLAB, and other languages for real world applications.
- Manage target knowledge databases and apply modeling and simulation techniques and tools to create or augment training data.
- Develop Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms to classify images, discover and classify ESM data, or create efficiencies in other ATR/CID database processes.
- Leverage stateoftheart AI/ML tools and methodologies to improve the performance of ATR/CID systems
- Write and present technical information related to development activities.
- Develop technical solutions and help write proposals for new work.
This is you:
- Bachelor's degree in in a science related degree field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering Physics, etc.) and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 6+ years of prior relevant experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Adept in Python and MATLAB
- Proficient in Linux and Windows
- Pattern recognition and/or image classification experience
- Familiarity with common machine and deep learning packages such as ScikitLearn, PyTorch, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work directly with customers and deliver results
- Mission oriented with a strong ability contribute to team goals and work in a team environment to deliver real world products
- Proficient with technical writing, documentation, and organization
- Robust sense of initiative, a selfstarter who can work independently
- Basic understanding of electromagnetic phenomenology such as scattering, absorption, polarization, refraction, diffraction, etc.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Active SECRET clearance or higher, with an ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Combat Identification and Automatic Target Recognition algorithm development for air, ground, or space targets
- Experience working with monostatic or bistatic Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and/or Synthetic Aperture Lidar (SAL) data and sensor systems
- Basic understanding of Computational Electromagnetics Prediction codes (Xpatch, SENTRi, CST, Feko, etc.)
- Understanding or experience with Electronic Support Measures (ESM)
- Understanding of DoD test processes
- Object Oriented Programing experience and/or Java and C++ expe
Leidos, formerly known as Science Applications International Corporation, is an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company headquartered in Reston, Virginia, that provides scientific, engineering, systems integration, and technical services.