Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Caterpillar is looking for an Employee Experience and Assessments Project Manager. This role owns company-wide solutions for assessing organizational and employee development. The role manages projects focused on organizational climate, leadership development, and 360-degree feedback of our company’s leadership attributes.
What you will do:
You will be responsible for collecting business needs, designing surveys and other instruments, making vendor decisions, developing reporting, interpreting results, advancing technology solutions and consulting on actions for improvement. A few of the projects you will manage include:
- Employee Insights: a worldwide attributed survey program offered to approximately 100,000 employees in 18 languages, administered through a vendor with results reported to approximately 10,000 leaders.
- Know to Grow 360: a quarterly 360-degree assessment offering, which provides leaders with feedback as rated by their leader, peers and direct reports on Caterpillar’s seven leadership attributes.
- Strengths Profiles: a menu of instruments to assess individual or team strengths and growth opportunities, along with team facilitation and coaching to put the team’s strengths’ profiles to use for individual and team success.
- Research/Feedback projects: studies and listening tools to support change in key aspects of the culture from a focus on services growth strategy to safety in the workplace. You will have the opportunity to develop a roadmap for updating the assessment portfolio and responding to business needs.
- Data Analysis: reviews of existing data or collect new data to gain insights into issues of interest to areas with HR, including People Analytics, COE teams (for example, Learning & Development, Total Rewards or Talent Management) or within the business, offering you the opportunity to be involved in a broad range of projects that blend survey data with other sources for impact across the company.
You are both a thought leader and a doer in this role. We are looking for an expert who rolls up their sleeves and delivers impactful solutions to the business.
Who you will work with:
As part of the HR community at Caterpillar, you will be a key player in driving a focus on our business strategy for people. Our collective vision is to become a talent-centric, data-driven, and technology-enabled HR team. You will deliver on this vision for your processes through a network of partners:
- You engage vendors to help stay lean and turn business needs into viable solutions.
- You work closely with our People Analytics team and various platform partners/vendors (Workday, Perceptyx, Gallup).
- You interact well with many levels in the business. You will be helping the business use this data to improve, from teams of production employees through the CEO’s team.
- You thrive collaborating across organizational lines. You will be surrounded by talented organizational development and learning professionals throughout our global business.
- You lead across organizational lines, providing direction to a community of coordinators in the business on use of these assessments.
- You drive a communication strategy for employee experience and assessments, from promoting awareness to all employees to sharing results with stakeholders including the L&D Director, HR Leadership Team, CHRO, and CEO’s Executive team.
We are looking for someone passionately committed to helping the Caterpillar team grow through feedback, learning opportunities and professional development. As a leader in this area, you will help reinforce a growth mindset and promote a learning culture, which aspires to be agile, tailored to the employee, enabling learning in-the-flow of work and focused on the business outcomes.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Statistics, Data Science, Organizational Psychology, Behavioral Science or similar field.
- 8+ years of progressive career experience in Human Resources, Learning & Development or People Analytics teams.
- Strong program management capabilities and ability to organize multiple complex projects.
- Strong technical expertise in survey design, sampling, and analysis.
- Strong technical and business acumen to identify and probe business needs.
- Skillful analyzer of data, credible in bringing reliable and valid insights to light.
- Knowledge of technology to support these processes (Human Capital Management, Learning Management or Employee Experience platforms).
- Experience managing vendors in a fair and disciplined way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience combining strategic and tactical responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success presenting data-based insights to sponsors and stakeholders.
- Experience working globally, staying connected across many time zones, cultural practices and languages.
- Familiarity with changing landscape of vendor options in this Employee Experience space.
- Experience working with Diversity, Belonging & Inclusion issues, generating answers to research questions and offering potential areas of focus.
- Ability to pay close attention to detailed processes and data without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Highly skilled communicating quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience consulting on employee engagement data and its meaning.
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Business, Statistics, Data Science, Organizational Psychology, Behavioral Science or like field.
- Strong professional coaching skills, with certification or progress toward International Coaches Federation or equivalent global certification.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and continuously upskill in these fields.
This position reports to our Learning & Development Director, who is part of the CHRO’s direct-line team. You will be part of the Learning & Development Center of Expertise and participate in the L&D Leadership Team.
The role will be filled in one of several locations representing major Caterpillar offices. Locations include:
- Peoria, IL
- Deerfield, IL
- Cary, NC
- Relocation is offered
- 5-10% travel is expected
- IL-Country of United States is for posting reasons only
Caterpillar Inc. is an American Fortune 100 corporation that designs, develops, engineers, manufactures, markets, and sells machinery, engines, financial products, and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. It is the world's largest construction-equipment manufacturer.