What does it mean to live the Caterpillar Experience
It means you play a part in building a better world. You contribute to a winning culture—a spirit of accountability—that has driven change on every continent for more than 90 years. To work with us is a commitment to improving sustainability, invent for the digital age and innovate to bring solutions to millions of people. Sure, you work for Caterpillar. But more importantly, you work for the good of your career, your family, your community, and your world.
Enterprise Strategy Growth Culture
- An inclusive environment with a growth mindset where we believe in continuous learning to improve business and ourselves.
- Encourage collaboration and communication
- We focus on four key behaviors - curious, agile, making decisions based on facts & Reflecting on actions to learn
- Team environment which brings the best out of you
JOB PURPOSE: Caterpillar uses quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, and advanced statistical techniques to facilitate fact-based decision-making. We are looking for a Senior Commercial Data Scientist in the Enterprise Strategy team, who will be responsible to plan, design, develop and maintain the data architecture, data models, and standards for different projects. Develop and maintain documentation of the data architecture, data flow, and data models of the data warehouse appropriate for various audiences. Provide technical leadership to the central team for the services growth. This role requires a broad range of skills and the ability to step into different roles depending on the project's size and scope.
- Work with the Central team and key project stakeholders to understand their data needs. Provide Central team and dealers data support and analytical outcomes using quantitative analysis and statistical techniques. These analyses will be translated into actionable commercial recommendations and feasible solutions to grow Caterpillar’s global Services business.
- Develop statistical predictive models by analyzing large datasets with a variety of Caterpillar tools
- Understand underlying data sources. Create innovative approaches to preparing complex data analyses and models that help solve problems, automate processes, and deliver measurable impact.
- Meet expectations in delivering results, distill complex results in an understandable manner, make timely decisions, and communicate effectively with all project stakeholders.
- Take ownership of technical solutions from a design and architecture perspective for projects in the presales phase as well as ongoing projects.
- Senior Commercial Data Scientist is also responsible for mentoring and developing capabilities and organizational knowledge of junior data scientists.
- Suggest innovative solutions based on new technologies and the latest trends.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar field with quantitative coursework, and 8-10 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative analysis, a Master’s degree and 2-3 years of experience, or a Ph.D. in one of the associated fields
- Business acumen - Capability of understanding Caterpillar business model, dealership network, services growth business, OPACC pools, etc.
- Proficiency in using Power BI, Snowflake, SQL, or other equivalent data analytic software.
- Should be able to troubleshoot problems across infrastructure platforms.
- Incumbent must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of statistical approaches, data management techniques, and/or related digital technologies, and the ability to handle complex issues.
- Must be comfortable working in MS Office and industry-standard statistics. Very strong Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
- Cross functional collaboration: working with a different unit or working with different products, processes or systems is desirable.
- Passion for new technologies and demonstrated learning agility
- Will be good to have experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Comfortable to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
Additional Information: ? This position will be located in India, Singapore or China.
Caterpillar Inc. is an American Fortune 100 corporation that designs, develops, engineers, manufactures, markets, and sells machinery, engines, financial products, and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. It is the world's largest construction-equipment manufacturer.