With Caterpillar’s growing focus on aftermarket services, the reporting of key metrics for our dealers is playing an increasing role in meeting our aftermarket services goals, and in the design of high-quality products. The selected candidate for this position will be a key team member accountable for the design, development, implementation, and support of the algorithms and data source for the CVA AAA (Automated Accuracy Algorithm) reporting for our dealers. The ideal candidate for this position will be an innovative data developer with a global perspective of information technologies capable of designing and owning the entire data flow, while focusing on data quality and applying business rules.
This position will be responsible for gathering data from multiple sources, maintaining and developing new business rules to apply, and storing that data in Caterpillar’s AAA safe source. They will work closely with the appropriate business owners (Global Service CVA Operations), District Office Representatives, Industry Partners (CI, RI, E&T) and dealers across the enterprise to gather requirements and implement those to create the AAA safe source. Responsibilities will also include feeding requirements to BI developers to deliver visualizations based on that safe source. The successful candidate will have the ability to conduct workshops to gather requirements in addition to designing the solution. Knowledge of Caterpillar’s Work Order domain as well as an understanding of CVAs would be beneficial.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field or 5+ years of software development experience
Minimum of 2 years of experience as an application developer with ETL experience required
Top Candidate Will Have:
- Experience with Agile framework for project management methodologies and understanding of data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Identify and merge data sources to provide a safe source for reporting
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and Snowflake to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data.
- Create user-friendly tools to enable data-driven decisions by leadership
- Experience with solution integration or solution architecture practices, IT operations, & data governance
- Experience with Data mapping, integration, and transformation to a data warehouse
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to deploy data science models into production and monitor their performance
- Perform data related tasks which could include data analysis, data quality, user access management, and troubleshooting of data issues
- Programming experience in Python, R, or SAS
- Experience in data modelling principles/methods including conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Familiarity with DevOps systems, such as GitLab
- Experience building different types of advanced analytic solutions
- Support the building of tools to automate data collection and model multidimensional datasets
- Ability to clearly communicate vision and complex technical ideas, data science initiatives and insights to all levels of users within the organization
- Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work with a global and remote team
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- A strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Experience utilizing application programming interfaces for application integration such as SOAP
- Basic knowledge of cloud-based development processes (Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc.)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply to real world situations
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify multiple approaches to problem solving and recommend the best solution
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects of different sizes
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex, rapidly changing, and culturally diverse environment.
- Experience supporting IT-related business processes, security processes, etc.
- Strong Business Acumen
- Ability to interact with multiple levels within the organization
- Ability the formulate and implement strategic vision
- Relationships with or ability to cultivate relationships with Digital stewards of data inputs / dependencies
- Relationships with or ability to cultivate relationships with Service Excellence in Global Service
Caterpillar Inc. is an American Fortune 100 corporation that designs, develops, engineers, manufactures, markets, and sells machinery, engines, financial products, and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. It is the world's largest construction-equipment manufacturer.