At Citizens we view data and advanced analytics as one of our core differentiating competitive strengths and a top priority for our future growth and success. We aim to be an industry leader with the use of data and analytics to deliver value and market-leading experiences for our existing customers and new customers. We have already made a considerable investment in building a Data Intelligence Platform that is best-in-class and our remarkably talented group of Data analysts, scientists and statisticians are the envy of our industry. They have succeeded in building, leveraging, and deploying the rich intelligence in our Data Intelligence Platform to make data-driven decision the foundation of daily operations across several functional areas, including: Marketing, Customer Servicing, Sales Support, Risk Management and Originations. We are committed to further growing and strengthening our Data organization with job openings across the entire range of expertise and all areas of Data Science specialization.
The Business Data Analyst is adept at working with business and systems partners to turn project requirements into technical specifications to build custom-formatted, fit-for-purpose reports, data sets, data services and data interfaces. The candidate applies a strong knowledge of life-cycle data generation to be able to outline critical information, analyze business procedures, and recommend specific types of data than can be used to improve them.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Using stakeholder knowledge and other available resources to research, to facilitate discovery, and to analyze and evaluate options for data solutions. Provide recommendations to team and project leads.
- Produce consistent, accurate and complete data requirements and definitions for complex projects.
- Work with business users and others to understand their business functions and processes in order to help them define business intelligence, analytic and reporting requirements. Assist in crafting data and metadata requirements for systems that are complete and unambiguous.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful data sets and reports.
- Work with management team and other leads to prioritize needs for business segments.
- Identify and recommend new, innovative ways to streamline data-centric processes.
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the customer base or the consumer population, or within a specified segment or business processing area.
- Work with departmental managers and business stake holders to outline data needs for analytical, reporting and data integration projects.
- Define and manage test data sets for integration testing, problem analysis, business and technical analysis.
- Experience working with various operating systems (Windows, Unix/Linux) and database management systems (Redshift, Oracle, MS-SQL, etc).
- Experience doing data discovery and analysis work with one or more commonly-used business intelligence tools, such as Tableau, SAS, Qlik, Oracle, Cognos, Microsoft, Information Builders, etc.
- Ability to collaborate effectively, take initiative and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Data exploration experience using both SQL and not-only-SQL tools and techniques.
- Data design or data management experience is a plus.
- Experience with Agile process is preferred
- Knowledge with ETL tools and processes is preferable
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially banking.
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Either 5+ years of experience as described above + a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or CS
- Or 2+ years of experience as described above + a Master’s Degree or better Mathematics, Statistics or CS
Citizens Financial Group, Inc.
Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is an American bank headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, which operates in the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington DC.