Are you passionate about Data Analytics and AI/ML? Are you interested in mining complex datasets to provide deeper insights to the business? This is an exciting opportunity for you to be part of risk analytics organization to provide insights across multiple products and lines of business within the bank.
The Principal Data Scientist will be responsible for:
- Integrating and analyzing large volume of data and applying predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation, optimization, other advanced analytical techniques and reporting to generate risk insights.
- In partnership with SMEs, understand the business problems and help identify use cases for applying advanced analytical capabilities
- Using stakeholder knowledge and other available resources to research, to facilitate discovery, and to analyze and evaluate options for data solutions
- Develop and manage models, workflows, and/or code in support of specific project
- Acts as an individual contributor on project engagements and is responsible for implementing data science best practice in their work
- Conduct data analysis and data profiling to Identify trends and patterns, creating business insights using reports and data visualizations / story telling
- Collaborate with the manager and Citizens Modeling Oversight team to develop models as well as to monitor performance of these models to ensure they are compliant with Citizens model governance policy
- Preparing model documentation and responding in a timely manner to effective challenges from model validation, internal audit, and regulatory reviews; overseeing the tracking and execution of all external and internal validation findings related to vendor and internally developed models
- Develop key performance and key risk metrics to continuously monitor operational risk
- Effectively manage competing priorities of requests working under strict deliverables
- Document and communicate analytic insights for both technical and non-technical audiences, often within an Agile working structure
- 7 years of experience delivering exceptional data science outcomes, solving complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills
- 10+ years of experience in SAS, Alteryx, R, Python, Tableau and/or related programming languages
- In-depth experience using relational databases and extracting information using query tools employing Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Expert in analyzing large complex data sets and extract feature from structured and unstructured data
- A thorough understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, natural language processing, text analytics and optimization algorithms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced Excel, advanced Access
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required with an ability to successfully communicate analytic results, business insights and resulting business implications to non-technical business partners
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with colleagues who have a background in statistics, database development/maintenance, and information technology
- Ability to operate independently, requiring little manager oversight
- 5-10 years of experience in Analytics/Quantitative Modeling, with experience in Financial Services
- Working knowledge of AWS data profiling tools and other AWS data tools
- Exposure to AWS advanced analytic tools like Sagemaker, Textract, Comprehend etc
- Experience with Agile process
- Knowledge with ETL tools and processes
- Experience supporting banking risk
- Master's Degree Required in Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science/Economics with 10+ years of business experience
- PhD preferred with 5+ years of experience
Citizens Financial Group, Inc.
Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is an American bank headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, which operates in the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington DC.