As the Sr. Data Scientist, you will work at the direction of the Data Analytics Manager to collect, prepare, and analyze data for use in support of advanced analytics for the Commercial and Business Banking Lines of Businesses within Citizens Bank.
The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for supporting a wide range of analytical functions, including but not limited to applying statistical tests, implementing machine learning algorithms, and insights developed with industry standard data mining frameworks.
As a Sr. Data Scientist, you will work alongside other colleagues including data / analytics / technology colleagues, business subject matter experts to collect, organize, and prepare data, and to develop and analyze models, as well as build modular data science deliverables to provide and communicate insights using Agile sprint-based methods.
- Wrangling data from multiple data sources with across the bank source systems, reporting data marts, data lake and other internal data infrastructure as well as 3rd party data for building sustainable data science deliverables.
- Build reusable analytical datasets by creating views of customer touchpoints leveraging key customer profile attributes as well as transactional data across segments, products, channels, line of business, sales by combining with 3rd party data.
- Performing full life cycle data science implementation in support of stakeholder business objective and strategic analytical initiatives: including data assessment, exploratory data analysis, model development, model evaluation, model deployment and monitoring by leveraging structured, text, and temporal data.
- Support ad-hoc analysis as prioritized by the business stakeholders and the Enterprise Data / Analytics leadership.
- Prepare model documentation and provide support for model validation, internal audit, and regulatory reviews
- 3-6 years of work experience in building, testing, and deploying machine learning models in production. Experience in producing documentation in a highly regulated environment.
- Solid mathematical understanding of ML and optimization algorithms.
- Fluent programming skills in Python including experience with packages such as Pandas, Scikit-learn and SQL to process data and experienced working with large data sets.
- Strong verbal communication skills required with an ability to successfully communicate analytic results, business insights, and resulting business implications to non-technical business partners.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with colleagues with diverse skills and background.
- Experience with distributed/parallel computing tools such as Spark, Hadoop
- Experience using AWS Sagemaker
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science or degree in Business with quantitative specialization
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or Business degree with quantitative specialization.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.
Citizens Financial Group, Inc.
Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is an American bank headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, which operates in the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington DC.