Python Programming, Scala Programming, C++, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, SQL, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R Programming
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Scientist/Modeler. Work can be performed out of our offices in Crystal City, VA; Columbus, OH; or Aberdeen, MD.
Battelle’s CBRNE Defense business line, in our National Security business unit, is currently seeking persons with knowledge of and experience in hazard prediction modeling and consequence analysis. The Hazard Modeling Team within CBRNE Defense provides its customers with technical analyses as well as modeling capabilities to inform their preparedness and response planning efforts to mitigate risk to the United States. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to make this Nation and Battelle’s clients safer and better prepared. This role will lead and contribute tasks for Hazard Risk Assessments to provide decision support to clients as well as using decision support tools which assist in planning and risk mitigation related to CBRN threats to critical infrastructure, urban centers, transportation, and domestic food supply/supply-chain.
- Leads, plans and conducts major technical projects or major phases of significant technical projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff and mentoring junior staff.
- Builds relationships with customers and stakeholders. Manages meetings and consults with customers and stakeholders on long-term research programs.
- Performs rigorous mathematical and statistical analysis on large data sets.
- Collects, reduces, processes, and presents modeling input and output data.
- Writes reports of methods used and results obtained.
- Mentors and provides work assignments to junior modelers and analysts.
- Supports modeling & simulation development activities concerning inhalation, ingestion, and dermal exposure hazards, response to chemical events, and decision support.
- Performs population threat assessments and hazard assessments with focus on outdoor transport and dispersion modeling (to include urban dispersion modeling), indoor modeling, food hazard assessment and water distribution hazard assessment.
- Provides hazard prediction modeling support to customers and stakeholders, including time-sensitive technical Reachback support.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Physics engineering, Mathematics, Biology, or Engineering and 10+ years of experience (or Master’s degree and 8+ years of experience or PhD and 5+ years of experience) in Modeling; Statistical Analysis; Computer Science or Computer Science Engineering; or Operations Research Analysis.
- 5-10+ years of experience in hazard prediction modeling and consequence analysis, mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, data science, or related field.
- Experience using object-oriented programming in C++, C#, Java, or Python
- 5+ years of proven experience managing projects to budget and schedule and leading both individuals and teams.
- Ability and desire to learn and understand new modeling platforms, programming languages and mathematical concepts.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret DoD clearance.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Experience designing and developing graphical user interfaces for mathematical and/or analytical tools.
- Experience with advanced data analysis techniques, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, or natural language processing.
- Experience deploying software on DoD classified systems (Secret and/or TS/SCI)
- Experience in toxicology and the biologically based mathematical methodologies applied in toxicological analysis such as Physiologically-based pharmacokinetic/ pharmacodynamics (PBPK/PD) models.
- Experience in the use of geographic information system (GIS) data and software tools such as ESRI’s ArcGIS
- Experience with relational databases such as MS SQL, Microsoft Access, MySQL, etc. to support the development of knowledge management (e.g. databases) and collaboration applications.
Battelle Memorial Institute (more widely known as simply Battelle) is a private nonprofit applied science and technology development company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Battelle is a charitable trust organized as a nonprofit corporation under the laws of the State of Ohio and is exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code because it is organized for charitable, scientific and education purposes. The institute op
No. of Employees
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Battelle is currently hiring Senior Data Scientist Jobs in Aberdeen, MD, USA with average base salary of $160,000 - $240,000 / Year.