Python Programming, Scala Programming, C++, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, SQL, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R Programming
We are currenlty seeking a Data Scientist; position is located in Columbus, OH.
The Data Scientist will serve as a member of a team of highly qualified and motivated individuals supporting timely and mission-critical effort related to Publicly Available Information/Open Source (PAI/OS) data on foreign developments in current and future weapons systems, subsystems, and technologies impacting air, space, and cyberspace, missiles, and other new initiatives. In this role, you will work with a team of cleared linguists, scientists, intelligence analysts, engineers, and other relevant subject matter experts for collection, organization, and analysis.
- Develop and maintain data processing and analysis solutions, which will aid in parsing and formatting large data sets, advanced searching and collection, natural language processing (NLP), triaging, and language translation for Scientific & Technical (S&T) open source information.
- Collaborate directly with team members to maximize collection and interpretation efforts for a wide variety of data aligned with mission requirements.
- Responsible for data visualization, web scraping technologies, digital libraries and databases, appropriate algorithms, and similar tasks in support of the project.
- Provide direct input to finished products in the form of visualizations, datasets, and recommendations for further collection and analysis, among other duties.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret Clearance (willingness to obtain TS/SCI)
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or similar technical field.
- At least 0-5 years of experience as a data scientist, statistician, applied mathematician, or equivalent to fulfill the job requirements.
- Proficiency in a high-level programming language, i.e. Python, R, Perl.
- Experience working in U.S. national security, e.g. intelligence community, military, joint operations, or related government contracting.achelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and or experience in a related field.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Master’s degree in the above areas.
- Experience with shell scripting (bash, ksh, or equivalent).
- At least 5-10 years of experience as a data scientist, statistician, applied mathematician, or equivalent to fulfill the job requirements.
- Experience using NLP tools to collect, assemble, interpret, translate, and analyze open-source data, such as scientific publications, social media, and databases, and synthesizing knowledge into actionable intelligence.
- Experience using NLP tools to support assessments and technical reporting on technologies and scientific topics, i.e. technology readiness levels (TRL) and critical technology elements (CTE).
- Subject matter expertise in and support of U.S. air- and space-related programs and technologies.
Battelle Memorial Institute (more widely known as simply Battelle) is a private nonprofit applied science and technology development company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Battelle is a charitable trust organized as a nonprofit corporation under the laws of the State of Ohio and is exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code because it is organized for charitable, scientific and education purposes. The institute op
No. of Employees
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Battelle is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in Columbus, OH, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.