Posted on:11 May 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Senior Engineering Manager - Price View Team
Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
Best Buy is seeking innovative and technically curious Senior Engineering Manager to join us as we make a huge impact in the digital evolution managing the Price View team!
A career with Best Buy offers the opportunity to apply your talents and creative energy to deliver high performing solutions at one of the top 10 e-commerce sites in the US. Be a key part of Best Buy's e-commerce growth! This team drives the vision, strategy, customer experience and technical delivery of the pricing and offers systems and services throughout Best Buy’s e-commerce and enterprise application portfolio.
What will you do as a Senior Engineering Manager – Price View
- Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle – architecture, design, development and production support (during business hours, no on-call support).
- Ensure quality software through agile development best practices and dev/ops mentality
- Lead the design and development of key pricing & offers view related initiatives
- Lead in a manager capacity groups of skilled developers/engineers
- Work directly with technical leads, engineers, product managers and business stakeholders
- Demonstrate a creative and innovation-driven ability to articulate engineering design patterns related to scale, performance, security, and usability
This job might be for you if:
- You are enthusiastic and excited about technology
- You are flexible, dependable, and know how to have fun while getting a lot done
- You are open and honest and willing to share and accept feedback and ideas
- You are positive and optimistic. Setbacks and constraints motivate you to work harder
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty with the rest of the team
- You strive to constantly improve yourself and your team
While this is a remote role, the candidate must live within a commutable distance of Richfield, MN, Boston, MA, Atlanta, GA or Seattle, WA.
- 5 or more years of software engineering experience with a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 1+ year of experience with either direct or indirect leadership on a development team (technical leadership, work direction and mentoring)
- 1+ year of experience using Node as a runtime server
- 2+ years with agile practices such as continuous integration (Jenkins) pairing, TDD, etc.
- Knowledge of and working experience with view related stack components such as Node, Babel, Webpack, Typescript, React, Jest.
- Working experience with networks, security, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components.
- Agile development practical experience using view related technologies
- Test-driven development, refactoring, automated unit test, integration test, functional test, and continuous integration/deployment. Strong debugging and troubleshooting skill
Best Buy Co., Inc. is an American multinational consumer electronics retailer headquartered in Richfield, Minnesota. Originally founded by Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in 1966 as an audio specialty store called Sound of Music, it was rebranded under its current name with an emphasis on consumer electronics in 1983.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Best Buy is currently hiring Senior Engineering Manager Jobs in Watertown, MA, USA with average base salary of $160,000 - $240,000 / Year.