Posted on:9 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Your role as a Data Engineer will be to design, develop and maintain monitoring and alerting systems for data quality in offline ETL and develop pipelines for data from disparate ERPs using the Azure software stack.
How you will do it
- Develop & build centralized data infrastructure across disparate ERPs, Order Management Systems, CRMs, Financial Systems, and Customer Facing tools to support Commercial Data Analytics Needs for the Controls business unit while helping to transition to SAP/S4.
- Leveraging experience in Data Science to develop and actively implement best practices for data gathering, auditing, and analysis
- Support efforts to strengthen current commercial tools and identify, pilot, and implement best in class tools where needed
- Leveraging BI experience to lead design of interactive Commercial dashboards and scorecards to enable efficient exception-based reporting across all levels of the organization in common tools
- Support and lead data modeling efforts within Controls business unit, and support PBUs in building business metrics & BI dashboards to their specific needs
- Drive improvement results working effectively in matrix environment
- Maintains effective working relationship and communication with all functional units
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline: computer science, statistics, operations research, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, data analytics, etc.
- 5+ years experience in data engineering/data science from relevant industry or relevant academia experience working with large amounts of data
- Strong experience with SQL/Relational databases
- 1+ years industry experience using Azure Data Factory (or prior technology stack).
- Experience with either data workflows/modeling, front-end engineering, or back-end engineering.
- Knowledge of DevOps environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft, BI tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Cliq…)
- 3+ years industry experience using Azure Data Factory (or prior technology stack).
- 8+ years experience in data engineering/data science from relevant industry or relevant academia experience working with large amounts of data
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline: computer science, statistics, operations research, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, data analytics, etc.
- Experience with data modeling, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load) concepts, and patterns for efficient data governance.
- Experience with SAP business warehouse and custom reporting.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.
Johnson Controls International plc is an Irish-domiciled multinational conglomerate headquartered in Cork, Ireland, that produces fire, HVAC, and security equipment for buildings. As of mid-2019, it employed 105,000 people in around 2,000 locations across six continents.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Johnson Controls is currently hiring Lead Data Engineer Jobs in Milwaukee, WI, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.