Posted on:8 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
We are looking for a Pricing Data Scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate will drive technical rigor and direction for the pricing team through analytical thinking and solutions for pricing optimization – a high visibility initiative for JCI. Pricing optimization is a core part of JCI’s strategy to drive profitability and a transparent pricing experience. We are looking for someone who finds passion in the application of statistical frameworks and pricing optimization techniques to large and complex data and be at the forefront of innovation.
How you will do it
- Build analytical tools to utilize the data pipeline by analyzing current and historical results of pricing activity and transactional data to identify actionable opportunities, develop ideas, and make recommendations to improve pricing performance.
- Develop relationships with sales management and product management to correctly position product and establish pricing strategies aligning with product/sales strategy.
- Build trust by proactively providing credible and value-added support.
- Building required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using AWS and SQL technologies to prepare, analyze and report on pricing metrics and communicate results and recommendations for improvements or trends to executive management.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer questions.
- Prepare reports for management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Identify opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through pricing strategies.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, or other quantitative related fields
- Minimum of nine years of relevant experience working in a pricing role
- Experience conducting quantitative analysis and developing analytical models, dashboards, data visualizations, and decision-making tools
- Experience with programming languages (ex: SQL, R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Data visualization tools (ex: Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (graphs, functions, etc.)
- Leadership skills in driving large complex efforts with many stakeholders to successful outcomes
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS/GCP
- Experience with experimentation (i.e., A/B testing experiment design)
- Masters in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, or other quantitative related fields
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.
Johnson Controls International plc is an Irish-domiciled multinational conglomerate headquartered in Cork, Ireland, that produces fire, HVAC, and security equipment for buildings. As of mid-2019, it employed 105,000 people in around 2,000 locations across six continents.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Johnson Controls is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in Milwaukee, WI, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.