Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We need an analytical minded, business savvy Insights & Analytics Manager II to join our Insights & Analytics team. You are an extraordinary, driven teammate with a curiosity for all things data, and business. While you rely on data to guide you, you love to think creatively to solve problems. You understand how data is produced and used in a business environment, as well as how advanced statistical analysis and data science concepts can be applied to business problems. You understand how to solve business problems, deliver insights, and drive recommendations. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others. You are a strong communicator who is endlessly curious, takes pride in hard work and is committed to rapidly advancing your knowledge and expertise.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As an Insights & Analytics Manager II, you will work with the Marketplace Operations Insights & Analytics team to ensure Nike delivers on our customer and consumer promises, while driving growth in the business using data. You will work closely with business partners to design, build, and apply analytical tools for use in optimizing our supply chain, predictive models to allow us to plan vs. react, design experiments and analyses to deliver insights, seek out and introduce next generation data and analytical tools into the business including AI and ML, and transform ad hoc analyses into scalable solutions and tools that can provide repeatable insights for the business. You will work with other teams and teammates to deliver operationalized, enterprise level tools, and models to drive major change in our business. You’ll also track model accuracy, ensuring model relevance and reliability.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As a member of Nike’s Marketplace Operations Insights & Analytics team, you will work alongside experienced analytics and supply chain professionals passionate about driving operational efficiency and better serving athletes*. You will be reporting into the North America Marketplace Operations Analytics leader, liaising closely with business strategy, Marketplace Operations account teams, planning functions, and Logistics (DC & Transportation) teams as well as product squads consisting of senior data scientists and engineers. You will collaborate with other data scientists across teams to problem solve and share best practices.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, decision science, or other related technical field
- Advanced degree in similar field preferred
- 4-6+ years of relevant professional experience preferred
- Strong ability to solve complex analytical problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Strong understanding of common coding languages (Python, SQL, R) with demonstrated ability to learn new skills or apply skills in new environments
- History of analytical team collaboration and building collaborative business partner relationships
- Skilled communicator who can express complex concepts and ideas in a simple manner (written, presentation and verbal)
- Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a fast moving, results-driven business environment
- Core mathematical ability to understand, utilize and innovate on state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling
- Understanding of data sources, research methods and applied statistics, including sampling approaches, causal modeling, time series analysis, and data mining techniques
- Strong quantitative and analytics background, with experience in statistical modeling, and visualization. Exposure to or experience in data engineering, data science, or operations research/analysis preferred
- Experience with a statistical package is a plus (such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.)
- Experience with moderate to large-scale data sets (>100GB) preferred
- Experience with agile development methodologies preferred
- Experience in applying advanced analytics to inform product or marketing strategy is a plus
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
Nike, Inc. is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services. The company is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metropolitan area. It is the world's largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment.
Beaverton, OR, USA
Beaverton, OR, USA
Beaverton, OR, USA