NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Analytics is a competitive differentiator for Nike and is fundamentally changing how the company serves athletes and consumers around the world. The Nike Commercial Analytics team builds analytic-based solutions to manage marketplace and optimize the supply chain. Using big data, advanced analytics and innovative technology, we strive to ensure that Nike gets the right product to the right place at the right time for the consumers!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join Nike’s Global Commercial Analytics team. This role will be part of a multi-functional agile squad and will provide technical expertise in building predictive and prescriptive analytic solutions to forecast Nike’s Total Marketplace demand.
The candidate needs to be a dependable teammate with strong hands-on data science and analytics experience, drive, and curiosity. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the crucial insights to users at all levels. You simplify and distill business complexity into testable hypotheses and scalable solutions. While you are proficient in a plethora of advanced modeling techniques, you are able to identify the technique optimal for the task at hand based on the business requirements, your knowledge of the data and the technique’s assumptions, interpretability and robustness. You ask good questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you will be part of the Commercial Analytics organization’s Total Marketplace Data Science squad that delivers scalable data science forecast products and solutions to support Nike’s business strategies.
You will have opportunities to influence product direction, guide standard methodologies in data science and engineering, and help deliver technical projects from inception to completion. Specifically, you will:
- Develop new sophisticated algorithms and improve existing approaches based on statistical/econometric methods, machine learning techniques and big data solutions to forecast consumer demand and operational targets in various stages of the supply chain.
- Identify and apply methods to acquire, explore, cleanse, and fuse data from different sources.
- Design, write, own and maintain production grade analytics code to support forecasting and/or optimization models.
- Assess business requirements and constraints to make trade-off recommendations between speed and accuracy of alternative solution approaches.
- Be a contributor to building, scoring, deploying, monitoring, updating and promoting Nike’s central forecasting platform.
- Facilitate the planning, scheduling and value measurement of the work to meet timeline targets and success criteria.
- Support the adoption of analytic products through effective storytelling and collaboration with key partners.
- Participate in a continuous learning environment within the advanced analytics community through persistent development of new skills and sharing of knowledge through mentorships and contributions to the open source community.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will work with the Director of Data Science while partnering with fellow data scientists, data analysts, engineers and product owner on your squad. You will collaborate across the broader organization with business teams in Demand and Supply Management as well as other data, analytics and technology functions at Nike.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Advanced quantitative degree (Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science or related field) and 2+ years of related industry experience or Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years related industry experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with data science methods, machine learning algorithms and production level programming principles.
- Advanced skills in programming languages (particularly Python and SQL) and ability to apply them to develop, build and maintain production grade analytics software.
- Familiarity with the wide range of data science/analytics software tools (e.g. Jupyter Notebook, Spark, Git) and cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services).
- Experience in building, training, scoring, tuning and maintaining predictive models in production at enterprise scale and familiarity with mainstream packages relevant to managing all stages of Data Science/Analytics lifecycle.
- Domain knowledge in retail planning or demand forecasting
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $117,000 per year.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
Nike, Inc. is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services. The company is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metropolitan area. It is the world's largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment.
Beaverton, OR, USA
Beaverton, OR, USA
Beaverton, OR, USA
Beaverton, OR, USA