A position for Artificial Intelligence Scientist (d/m/f) has opened within Airbus SAS in Toulouse. The selected candidate will join Airbus Central Research & Technology (XRD).
XRD is the Artificial Intelligence domain of Central Research & Technology, the Airbus Group's research center, made up of artificial intelligence researchers and research engineers working to bridge the gap between research and industry. The team collaborates with academic partners and leads research projects to advance the state of the art to solve significant problems for Airbus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the identification of research objectives to be included in the Airbus research strategy in collaboration with national and international internal clients .
- Support the Research Project Manager in carrying out research tasks in order to achieve agreed objectives. Provide project deliverables in coordination with the rest of the project team taking into consideration time, resource and quality aspects.
- Conduct research in area of ??expertise to contribute to ongoing research projects.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of current knowledge in industry and research in the field in question and to derive objectives for the team. Acquisition of knowledge and incorporation of this knowledge in technical reports, specifications and in the development of tools.
- Contribute to the internal and external Airbus partnership network as well as to the network of the scientific community.
- Internal and external representation of research areas and projects to internal clients and external partners through publications, presentations, technical reports or specifications.
- Support the securing of Airbus intellectual property in the area of ??expertise.
- Write invention patents
- Demonstrate the technological and scientific excellence of the team and support the development of chosen technologies.
- Helping projects make the most of external contributions
Skills and prerequisites:
- Diploma in Artificial Intelligence, if possible a thesis
- Experience in deep learning
- Experience with robustness techniques for deep learning (formal methods, quantification of uncertainties, ...)
- Mastery of python, pyTorch, tensorflow
- Ability to communicate scientific results to various audiences (specialists and non-specialists)
- English: Fluency in written and spoken English
A vacancy for an Artificial Intelligence Scientist (d/m/f) has arisen within Airbus SAS in Toulouse. The successful applicant will join Airbus Central Research & Technology (XRD).
XRD is the Artificial Intelligence domain of Central Research & Technology composed of researchers and research engineers in artificial intelligence working to develop technologies bridging the gap between research and business. The team collaborates with academics and stir research projects to push the state-of-the art towards solving Airbus relevant problems.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the identification of research targets within the scope of the Airbus Group research strategy together with national and international customers.
- Support of Research Project Leader in performing research tasks and/or projects within the scope of agreed targets. Deliver tasks in coordination with the project team taking into consideration time, resources and quality.
- Conducting research in the field of expertise to support ongoing research projects
- Contribute to the monitoring and assessment of current know-how in industry and science in the research area for which the job holder is responsible; derivation of targets for the given area of responsibility. Acquisition of specific knowledge in the given area of responsibility and incorporation of such knowledge in technical reports, specifications and product-related processes.
- Contribute to the Airbus internal and external partnering ecosystem as well as a scientific network (internally and externally)
- Internal and external representation of research areas and projects vis-à-vis customers and cooperation partners as well as through publications, lectures, technical reports and specifications.
- Support to secure IPR in the field of expertise.
- Drafting invention announcements
You will also contribute to:
- Demonstrate technological and scientific excellence and champion the development of chosen technologies
- Helping projects to realise the potential of external capabilities
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a degree in artificial intelligence, possibly a PhD
- Experience within deep learning technologies
- Experience with deep learning robustness techniques (formal methods, uncertainty quantification, ...)
- Proficiency in python, pyTorch, tensorflow
- Ability to communicate scientific results to wide audience (specialists and non-specialists)
- English level: negotiation level
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus SE is a European multinational aerospace corporation. Airbus designs, manufactures and sells civil and military aerospace products worldwide and manufactures aircraft in Europe and various countries outside Europe.
No. of Employees