Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw’s and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
The eCommerce Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will serve a critical role in helping to define and measure fulfillment performance across the Albertsons ecommerce organization. The position will provide analytic backbone to drive business performance and help functional leaders make informed decisions.
The position will be based in Pleasanton, California.
- Develop and maintain scalable, automated dashboards and reports that benchmark and track progress against key operational performance goals and initiatives.
- Work with management and/or internal stakeholders to define business requirements and analytical needs and execute against them.
- Develop a deep understanding of existing eCommerce performance, customer, and productivity metrics, and develop new KPI’s, metrics, and measures to gauge eCommerce performance.
- Own regular and ad-hoc analysis on operational performance and projects to continuously improve and scale Albertson’s eCommerce operations.
- Understand and communicate root causes of impacts to performance and attainment of business objectives.
- Develop actionable insights and areas of opportunity for eCommerce operational performance, make recommendations to operating teams, and present findings to business stakeholders.
- Conduct data mining, regression analysis and other quantitative analysis using industry standard statistical and business analytics techniques.
- Perform data modeling using/modifying existing models.
- Work to define and structure eCommerce customer and operational data and ensure reliability and integrity of data sources.
- Partner across departments or business groups to obtain information, align priorities, and obtain buy-in from stakeholders and functional owners.
- Flag opportunities and challenges using data in the current processes and metrics to ensure proactive response and help business course correct or seize opportunities.
- Develop exception reporting and feedback loop for various segments to learn and shape operating models.
What we are searching for
- 4-year degree (Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, MIS, or similar focus) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in eCommerce, operations, fulfillment, finance, and/or analytics.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with data science analytical tools, e.g., R, Python, and advanced level Excel
- Knowledge and experience with data query and extraction technologies (e.g., SQL, Teradata, Snowflake)
- Knowledge and experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Domo)
- Experience as data science formalizer (Strong Plus)
- Experience working with APIs and setting up databases (Strong Plus)
- Ability to manage-up and form business strategy
What it is like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone’s perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
Albertsons Companies, Inc.
Albertsons Companies, Inc. is an American grocery company founded and headquartered in Boise, Idaho.
With 2,253 stores as of the third quarter of fiscal year 2020 and 270,000 employees as of fiscal year 2019, the company is the second-largest supermarket chain in North America after Kroger, which has 2,750 stores. Albertsons ranked 53rd in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.