Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw’s, and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
We are currently seeking a motivated, experienced, and highly skilled Data Engineer to join our IT team in Pleasanton, CA. In this role, you will conduct thorough data analysis, help design, and implement analytics programs, generate reports, and collaborate with various teams to ensure we are optimizing our resources and maximizing our market share. To succeed in this position, you must be driven and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with business stakeholders and/or vendors to understand, shape, and deliver Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions
- Implement and expand an Azure Data Lake and extract various enterprise data to support Supply Chain analytics
- Correlate and analyze trends in data to help business users make effective decisions
- Develop and utilize PowerBI dashboards effectively
- Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production
- Collaborate to perform data and process analyses required
- Provide database design guidance based on a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools, and existing designs
What we are searching for
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems and / or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in data engineering, analytics or relevant field
- Azure Data Engineer Associate certification a plus
- Must have deep hands-on knowledge of ETL (Data Factory and Databricks) and reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, SSRS)
- Strong supply-chain domain expertise
- Significant work experience with Agile sprints, SQL, NoSQL databases and database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Informix), and HTML
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office, web-based applications
- Ability to lead small- to medium-sized BI analysis and development projects (analyze, plan, do)
- Keen eye for details and aptitude for working with data
- Strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mind
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with outside contracting vendors, and software application providers.
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training, with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral), customer service and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of emerging business solutions, technologies, and delivery methodologies
- 20% of travel is required
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
What it is like at Albertsons?
- Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone’s perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
Albertsons Companies, Inc.
Albertsons Companies, Inc. is an American grocery company founded and headquartered in Boise, Idaho.
With 2,253 stores as of the third quarter of fiscal year 2020 and 270,000 employees as of fiscal year 2019, the company is the second-largest supermarket chain in North America after Kroger, which has 2,750 stores. Albertsons ranked 53rd in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.