Together we stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunity. We strive for better together. We advocate for everyone and not against anyone. Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with — and those we acquire throughout our lives — are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision to be America’s Retirement Company.
Are you ready to join a great company with a winning culture? Start your Voyage – Apply Now
Please Note: This position allows remote work from home but will require travel to our Voya office as business requires. Candidates must be located within a 50-mile radius from your assigned office location (AZ, MN, MA, GA, and CT)
We are looking for a Lead Cloud Data Engineer to join our Enterprise Data team, which supports all our businesses across product, sales, leadership and marketing teams. The ideal candidate is adept at architecting and implementing data-driven cloud based solutions. They will be subject matter experts and will be responsible for the technical leadership for data ingestion and processing engagements. A good understanding of cloud platforms and prior experience working with cloud based ETL tools as well and PySpark frameworks is required. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
What are we looking for?
- Technology lead who has experience and played a crucial role in successfully implementing enterprise solutions, in a cloud environment, using a vast range of data engineering and cloud technologies.
- Works on tasks independently and advises junior engineers.
- Helps design and build multiple critical components on more complex data projects. Ability to play a critical resource for medium-large teams.
- Delivers ETL pipelines while coordinating with other ETL engineers onshore and offshore
- Design documentation, test cases/tests ensuring reliability and mitigation strategy.
- Can pick up anyone's code. Evangelizes ETL best practices.
- Shared ownership of teams’ agenda and goals while implementing required governance, monitors health.
- Responsible for the technical mentorship and guidance of a team junior cloud data resources, keeping members accountable for action items of a data project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis solution design and development.
- 7-10 years of experience building data pipelines using ETL tools with at least 3 years of cloud data engineering background
- 3-5 years of experience in using PySpark based solutions (Databricks etc.)
- 3+ years of CI/CD experience
- 3+ years of experience on public cloud. (Azure experience a plus)
- Proficiency working with large data stores
- Experience building cloud based warehouses (Snowflake etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Good experience in end-to-end implementation of DW BI projects, especially in data warehouse and mart developments)
- Experience in preparing test scripts and test cases to validate data and maintaining data quality
- Good understanding of Data integration, Data Quality
- Deep understanding of all aspects of database technologies - schema design, optimization, scalability, etc
- Experience in SDLC, especially testing and deployment.
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan – with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan – employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off – including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time — 40 hours per calendar year
Voya Financial, Inc.
Voya Financial is an American financial, retirement, investment and insurance company based in New York City. Voya began as ING U.S., the United States operating subsidiary of ING Group, which was spun off in 2013 and established independent financial backing through an initial public offering.