Posted on:12 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Lead Enterprise Data Modeling activities, taking into account the business needs and translating into data-driven solutions using enterprise data platforms in the organization that owns and maintains the Enterprise Data Model.
- Lead discussions with business leads, data owners, SMEs, and partners to understand project scope & Business Requirements
- Translate Business Functional requirements into Data Requirements, partnering with business analysts to build supporting data models
- Provide strategic direction and lead the modeling solution release process, providing support on an as needed basis
- Provide strategic direction and engage directly with the ETL team and any other project teams in terms of understanding the data models and relationships; ensure constant alignment and synchronization between logical and physical models
- Profile data as needed to better understand the necessary data and align with business requirements
- Develop standard methodology maintenance protocols and processes for modeling various artifacts
- Determine practicality and technical fit of developed standards and architecture
- Perform high-level analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise
- Generate, maintain and communicate any documentation pertaining to the logical modeling process, including data format, specifications and model release details
- Collaborate and lead teams of onsite/offshore vendor resources as well as other EDM teams
Knowledge & Experience:
- High degree and demonstrated experience as a strong collaborator in enterprise organizations
- 15+ years of Data modeling / Application / Architecture related work experience
- Demonstrated success in large scale, dynamic consulting projects in a leadership or individual contributor role
- Advanced knowledge in Conceptual/Logical/Physical Modeling; Certifications are a plus
- Advanced knowledge of writing SQL queries and profiling data
- Superb interpersonal skills and a demonstrable ability to collaborate with business as well as technical leaders, track record of being a consensus builder who works toward solution
- Experience working in an agile team structure, specifically revolving around data teams
- Authoritative knowledge on various Data modeling techniques, such as Inmon, Kimball and Data Vault
- Ability to understand, document, maintain, and refactor complex, highly normalized, existing relational and star schema data warehousing models
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan – with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan – employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off – including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time — 40 hours per calendar year
Voya Financial, Inc.
Voya Financial is an American financial, retirement, investment and insurance company based in New York City. Voya began as ING U.S., the United States operating subsidiary of ING Group, which was spun off in 2013 and established independent financial backing through an initial public offering.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Voya Financial, Inc. is currently hiring Data Modeling Consultant Jobs in Hartford, CT, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.