***This role can be located in Dallas, TX, McLean, VA, Memphis, TN or be Remote***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Connected Room that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Lead Data Science Engineer will apply their technical/business acuity to implement Machine Learning algorithms in the fields of forecasting, marketing, revenue management, and customer conclusions. In addition, you will build and optimize products that will position Hilton as an innovative industry leader and ensure the appropriate protections for our data. More specifically, you will:
- Apply industry principles, methodologies, and tools throughout the application lifecycle to transform the design specifications into Machine Learning pipelines that will address customer needs
- Research, prototype, design, and implementation of highly scalable advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms
- Collaborate closely with platform, Quality Engineering, and other engineering teams for end-to-end design and implementation of the ML solutions
- Transition the final solutions to our Operations team for ongoing support by defining standard operating procedures and conducting knowledge transfer sessions
- Improve and support Machine Learning Platforms
- Solve production defects and assist the Operations team with short term mitigation strategies while you develop and implement long term solution
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Expertise in developing Machine Leaning Pipelines (batch and real-time) to read and process data using Scala, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, MapReduce, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Glue, AWS EMR, Athena.
- Proficiency in handling large data sets, Hadoop, data lakes, and cloud technologies
- Expertise in building ML Solutions using Python/PySpark programming
- Experience in application development and strong object-oriented programming using Scala, Java
- Proficiency with both SQL and NoSQL databases such as Hive, AWS Redshift, Microsoft SQL, and MySQL Databases
- Proficiency in building architecture solutions to meet with requirements and build documents to describe the architecture
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- A high level of accountability and commitment to solving problems through critical thinking
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of work experience in Technology or related field
- Two (2) years of professional experience in Developing Machine Leaning Pipelines (batch or real-time) to read and process data using Scala or Python on Apache Spark
- Two (2) years of experience with data technologies and platforms, including but not limited to AWS, Hadoop, Redshift, Spark, and Hive
- Two (2) years of experience in Python programming
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate Degree plus 6+ years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 12+ years of Technology related experience
- Five (5) years of professional work experience in Technology or related field
- Experience with AWS Technologies such as EMR, Step Functions, AWS Lambdas
- Unix Shell scripting experience is a plus
- AWS Certifications (i.e. Solution Architecture Associate or Professional), are a plus
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc., formerly Hilton Hotels Corporation, is an American multinational hospitality company that manages and franchises a broad portfolio of hotels and resorts. Founded by Conrad Hilton in May 1919, the corporation is now led by Christopher J. Nassetta.