Posted on:29 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Java Programming, Python Programming, C++, C Programming, SQL, Apache Hadoop, Scala Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, PyTorch, TensorFlow, MapReduce, R Programming
Within the Shopify Trust Team, the Commerce, Trust & Integrity Team is committed to making commerce better for everyone. Our work includes developing solutions to prevent, detect and mitigate bad actors as well as developing tooling to scale and streamline complex workflows. We collaborate with teams across Shopify to understand areas of risk and take steps to prevent it. Our mandate is challenging, varied and constantly evolving.
To support our mandate we are looking to add a Senior Risk Data Analyst to identify risk vectors and leverage data creatively to figure out why they exist, and how best to address them. This role will collaborate closely with our Data Science team, as well as Product, Engineering and Operations partners to turn insights into effective risk mitigation solutions.
- Develop and monitor key fraud & risk metrics in partnership with Product, Policy & Data teams
- Build monitoring and alerting to track the impact and continued effectiveness of platform controls
- Use data to quantify, prioritize and conduct root cause analysis of risk vectors through detailed analysis and testing. Report out on findings and recommendations
- Generate insights to inform targeted prevention & mitigation strategies across Product, Engineering, Data, Policy and Operations teams
- Work with Data Science in the development of models and analytics to detect bad actors
- Evaluate multiple data sets to surface patterns of fraud and risk
Requirements for the role:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field, and/or commensurate work experience. Experience with fraud & risk management is strongly preferred
- Proficiency leveraging large datasets to drive business decisions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills using data to identify gaps, and surface mitigation opportunities
- Advanced SQL, Python and experimentation experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, exemplified through effective data storytelling
- Ability to dive-in to day-to-day workings of multiple teams and understand the full scope of their functions and responsibilities
- Endless curiosity and an ability to think outside the box
Shopify Inc. is a Canadian multinational e-commerce company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario. It is also the name of its proprietary e-commerce platform for online stores and retail point-of-sale systems.
No. of Employees
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Shopify is currently hiring Senior Data Analyst Jobs in United States with average base salary of $160,000 - $240,000 / Year.