Posted on:10 Dec 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Senior Data Scientist (Remote, Canada)
Java Programming, Python Programming, C++, C Programming, SQL, Apache Hadoop, Scala Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, PyTorch, TensorFlow, MapReduce, R Programming
Data is a crucial part of Shopify’s mission to make commerce better for everyone. We organize and interpret petabytes of data to provide solutions for our merchants and stakeholders across the organization. From pipelines and schema design to machine learning products and decision support, data science at Shopify is a diverse role with many opportunities to positively impact our success.
Our Data Scientists focus on pushing products and the business forward, with a focus on solving important problems rather than specific tools. We are looking for talented data scientists to help us better understand our merchants and buyers so we can help them on their journey.
- Proactively identify and champion projects that solve complex problems across multiple domains
- Partner closely with product, engineering and other business leaders to influence product and program decisions with data
- Apply specialized skills and fundamental data science methods (e.g. regression, survival analysis, segmentation, experimentation, and machine learning when needed) to inform improvements to our business
- Design and implement end-to-end data pipelines: work closely with stakeholders to build instrumentation and define dimensional models, tables or schemas that support business processes
- Build actionable KPIs, production-quality dashboards, informative deep dives, and scalable data products
- Influence leadership to drive more data-informed decisions
- Define and advance best practices within data science and product teams
- 4-6 years of commercial experience as a Data Scientist ??????solving high impact business problems
- Extensive experience with Python and software engineering fundamentals
- Experience with applied statistics and quantitative modelling (e.g. regression, survival analysis, segmentation, experimentation, and machine learning when needed)
- Demonstrated ability to translate analytical insights into clear recommendations and effectively communicate them to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Curiosity about the problem domain and an analytical approach
- Strong sense of ownership and growth mindset
Experience with one or more:
- Deep understanding of advanced SQL techniques
- Expertise with statistical techniques and their applications in business
- Masterful data storytelling and strategic thinking
- Deep understanding of dimensional modelling and scaling ETL pipelines
- Experience launching productionized machine learning models at scale
- Extensive domain experience in e-commerce, marketing or SaaS
Shopify Inc. is a Canadian multinational e-commerce company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario. It is also the name of its proprietary e-commerce platform for online stores and retail point-of-sale systems.
No. of Employees
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Shopify is currently hiring Senior Data Scientist Jobs in Canada with average base salary of Can$95,000 - Can$170,000 / Year.