Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Enterprise Data & Analytics team at Albertsons Companies is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to work for one of the most transformational food and drug retailers in the United States. Albertsons operates over 2,300 stores under 19 well-known banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen and Carrs. The company reported revenue of over $60 billion from over 34 million weekly shoppers and is the third largest private company in the country.
We have an opening for a Staff Engineer, Merchandising Data Engineering within the Enterprise Data & Analytics team. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Enterprise Data & Analytics team at Albertsons inspires to build best in class customer experiences and revolutionize the food and drug retail industry. We are looking for people who are excited in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of AI and digital technologies. The Data Engineering team uses a decoupled and near real time data integration paradigm to make data available to improve pricing, promotions management, assortment planning, vendor negotiations, store operations etc. to proactively improve product lifecycle.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and managing large scale, high-performance data processing systems (batch and/or streaming) in a Multi Cloud environment to provide a robust analytical pipeline. The candidate will have a background in computer science or a related technical field with experiences working with high volume, message-based data integration technologies. A successful candidate will be both technically strong and business savvy, with a passion to make an impact through creative storytelling and timely actions. You are a self-starter, smart yet humble, with a bias for action.
Key Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Lead, architect, design and develop secure, scalable, high-performance and reliable and costeffective Big Data platform software and services in a Multi-Cloud environment
- Provide technical leadership in Integration Engineering practices. Partner with architecture, Infosec, and development teams across the entire enterprise to establish a strong relationship and trust for prioritizing and delivering projects on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Establish patterns for re-use, standards and best practices for Integration Engineering such that data timeliness and quality are maximized.
- Partner with the Audit, Compliance and Governance leaders to ensure data is secured and conforms to the guidelines laid out by the organization and the industry.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to deliver large scale strategic projects as well as ongoing operational activities related to Big Data Platform. Interface with cross functional leaders and represent point of views to drive measurable success.
- Drive meetings and lead discussions. Prioritize projects across the team and allocate resources to meet business and team goals.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in computer engineering, computer science or related area.
- 6+ years of expertise in creating IIB publisher flows and transform to canonical xml message (CMM) using eSQL programming, using Kafka, java compute, MQ, and file nodes.
- 3+ years of creating Kafka stubs for producers, consumers, and consumer groups for helping onboard applications from different languages/platforms.
- 3+ years of expertise in migrating IIB to the enterprise Kafka platform in addition to developing new functionalities.
- 3+ years of Design and develop Java spring application, Java Rest Service for API/connect and Kafka connector.
- Snowflake experience is a huge plus
- Extensive experience in data transformations for Merchandising business use cases will be a plus
- Knowledge for handling exceptions and automated re-processing and reconciling
- Passion for Data Quality with an ability to integrate these capabilities into the deliverables
- Experience in working with different data sources - flat files, XML, JSON, Avro files and databases
- Work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones.
- CI/CD using tools like GIT, Microfocus Dimensions, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience in developing implementation plans and schedules and preparing documentation for the jobs according to the business requirements
- Lead ambiguous and complex situations to clear measurable plans
- Proven experience and ability to work with people across the organization and skilled at managing cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations.
- Proven capabilities for strong written and oral communication skill with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different audiences.
Albertsons Companies, Inc.
Albertsons Companies, Inc. is an American grocery company founded and headquartered in Boise, Idaho.
With 2,253 stores as of the third quarter of fiscal year 2020 and 270,000 employees as of fiscal year 2019, the company is the second-largest supermarket chain in North America after Kroger, which has 2,750 stores. Albertsons ranked 53rd in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.