We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, business-minded, results-oriented Senior Decision Scientist with a strong statistics background to work on our Systems Analysis team. As part of our Delivery initiative, the Systems Analysis team is focused on providing analysis to accelerate and perfect our delivery systems. As a member of this extremely collaborative team you will get to partner with operations, finance, product, data science and engineering. In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for selecting and implementing appropriate statistical methods to evaluate and inform new business initiatives as well as the development and execution of technology roadmaps. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ad hoc data analysis, development of regression models for ongoing assessment, development of dashboards and proposing new metrics that can help us better understand our systems. You will also partner with our simulation team to help us better digest and interpret the output of our simulation tools.
The Impact You Will Make
- Understand the business! Work directly with stakeholders to address their needs.
- Work with our software engineers to understand the output of our services and ensure they meet analytical requirements
- Model system interactions and behaviors for various holistic initiatives
- Inform real-time data requirements design
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to understand new product ideas, assess risks and opportunities and ensure that the necessary data is available
- Understand our brands, markets, user behaviors, and long-term trends and help assess these
- Translate data into recommendations
- Question our assumptions! Find new and better ways to do what we’re doing.
- Assess new algorithms and business policies in partnership with our operations research team.
- Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our business.
What You Bring to the Table
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Statistics or other technical field OR
- MS in quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field etc) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience with quantitative analysis
- Experience working on collaborative projects requiring brainstorming, deep code review and constructive feedback
- An interest in building tools to improve the efficiency of our work
- Experience working with a broad range of stakeholders with different areas of focus
- A passion for the power of statistics and a good understanding of how to use statistics to solve problems
- Experience applying descriptive statistics, business process or scenario analysis, and visualization to solve real-world problems
- Ability to explain the application of statistics in simple terms to business users
- A detailed oriented and curious mindset
- Experience with PySpark, Hive, the Python data stack and R
- Strong data querying capabilities using SQL
- Experience with Plotly or other visualization tools a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: “2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process.
Grubhub Inc. is an American online and mobile prepared food ordering and delivery platform. The company is based in Chicago, Illinois and was founded in 2004. The company is owned by Dutch company Just Eat Takeaway.
Online food ordering
No. of Employees
Chicago, Illinois, USA