We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is looking for a bright, curious and energetic Manager, Data Scientist to join the data nerds on the Finance Research & Experimentation Team at GrubHub. The Finance Research & Experimentation team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Executive team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities.
The Impact You Will Make
- Consult with business stakeholders on appropriate experimental design to answer important questions and ensure new features/initiatives are being tested rigorously
- Define success for high impact initiatives and experiments
- Partner with product and technology teams to make sure that we are capturing relevant data; collaborate with data engineering teams to get appropriate datasets built in a format that streamlines analysis and enables automation and reporting
- Help us enhance our experimentation platform by constantly evaluating if we are measuring appropriate business metrics, implementing statistical best practices, and validating our approach is driving quality business outcomes
- Evaluate financial impact of experiments and other business changes/initiatives
- Build statistical/machine learning models to understand customer behavior and long term value
- Manage a growing team of Data Scientists to build capabilities, grow skillsets, and drive impact through mentorship and support
- Be curious! Surface insights and trends that improve our customer experience, help us grow faster and generate more profit
What You Bring to the Table
- BS, MSc, or PhD in economics, statistics, mathematics, or another quantitative discipline
- 6+ years of experience in data science or a closely related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a track record of leveraging data to influence business decisions
- Ability to communicate complex analyses to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Strong stakeholder management skills to partner with collaborators, prioritize initiatives, and effectively communicate anticipated design obstacles and recommendations
- Solid grasp of basic statistical concepts (regression models, statistical significance, confidence intervals, etc); advanced training in statistics and machine learning preferred
- High level of proficiency using SQL (required)
- Ability to perform data analysis in Python or R (required)
- Understanding of data visualization best practices; Tableau experience a plus
- Experience managing or mentoring other data scientists and analytical resources preferred.
- Experience with in-app search methodologies, sort algorithms, and user behavior analysis strongly preferred
- Experience working in an e-commerce or other direct to consumer business preferred
- Experience with customer LTV modeling, pricing analytics, loyalty/subscription analysis, app/website A/B testing, and/or logistics network analytics preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: “2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process.
Grubhub Inc. is an American online and mobile prepared food ordering and delivery platform. The company is based in Chicago, Illinois and was founded in 2004. The company is owned by Dutch company Just Eat Takeaway.
Online food ordering
No. of Employees
Chicago, Illinois, USA