Are you looking for an opportunity to put your technical skills to use working on advanced modeling challenges? Freddie Mac’s Modeling, Econometrics, Data Science & Analytics Department is currently seeking a Quantitative Analytics Senior who will be responsible for the development and execution of quantitative analytics and modeling projects in support of Freddie Mac’s fair lending activities. Apply now and learn why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!
**This position is a hybrid work schedule, requiring 2 days in the office and 3 days remote**
- Our team is responsible for fair lending testing of Freddie Mac models and systems.
- We apply modeling and statistical technologies to ensure Freddie Mac models are fair.
- Using techniques from statistics, machine learning and deep learning to conduct fair lending analysis of internal models and decision tools.
- Working with large data sets and relational database systems, develop analytical methods and models that assess the credit risk of new and existing financial and mortgage products.
- Conduct research on enhancements to the existing models, and applying industry standard methodologies and techniques to meet various business needs.
- Provide innovative, detailed and practical solutions to an extensive range of demanding and complicated problems.
- Implementing statistical models in efficient software languages, coding model prototypes for specification and test cases, modifying source codes in the existing application.
- Coordinating the testing through the model implementation, conducting back tests to monitor the model performance, and performing economic tests and stress tests to validate the model forecast results.
- Providing modeling and analytical support to a line of business or product area, functioning as day-to-day technical specialist.
- Preparing documentation for the technical analytics and rationale through the model development to comply with model oversight and support model review for approval.
- Working under limited direction, independently resolving and developing approach to solutions.
- Performing exploratory analysis and research and presenting results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Visualizing data to communicate complex ideas.
- Doctorate degree, or Master degree with 3 years of equivalent work experience, in quantitative finance, statistics, economics or a related quantitative field
- Demonstrated knowledge through coursework or work experience in applying predictive modeling techniques from finance, statistics, mathematics, data science, or computer programming to large data sets. Qualifying coursework may include—but is not limited to—statistics, mathematical programming, optimization, machine learning, computational methods, design and analysis of algorithms, Bayesian methods, derivatives, or Monte Carlo methods
- Demonstrated knowledge through coursework or work experience writing statistical or optimization programs to develop models and algorithms. Programming languages may include—but are not limited to—SAS, Python, R, SQL, Java, or MATLAB
- Coursework or work experience using technologies for manipulating structured and unstructured big data is preferred, not required. Big data technologies may include—but are not limited to—Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, relational databases, and NoSQL.
- Experience using Unix, Hadoop and related technologies (Spark, Hive, etc.) as well as statistical and machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn, MLlib and Tensorflow is preferred, not required.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Exceptional quantitative and analytics skills
- Strong knowledge of statistical models, tools and techniques
- Strong programming skills
- Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate successfully with other team members.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to succinctly describe complex technical scenarios in simple, easily-understood terms.
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC), known as Freddie Mac, is a public government-sponsored enterprise (GSE), headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia. Freddie Mac is ranked No. 41 on the 2020 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue, and has $2.063 trillion in assets under management.