Posted on:16 May 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Director I Data Science/Machine Learning Operations - Data Products
Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
The Data Assets, Products and Applications (DAPA) team is a part of the Liberty Mutual Data Office that is leading the charge to transform our data environment by modernizing our platforms and tools, data lakes and data warehouses. If you are looking to build platforms of the future, DAPA is the team for you.
As a part of DAPA, the Director I Data Science/ML Ops will be Data Science/Machine Learning operations product owner, who will be responsible for supporting our Data science platforms along with supporting our ML ops pipelines. This role with partner with our data scientists and the office of data science to directly to understand the workflow, recommend/build appropriate tooling and processes to optimize the end to end data science journey. This role enhances and continuously improves products and services along with creating key KPI’s to measure the effectiveness of the data science journey. Ensures that new evolving needs for data science within the organization are recommended and implemented. Possesses a high level of expertise in the subject matter along with technical and industry knowledge.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, Product owners, engineers, leaders on creating the vision for the delivery of data science capabilities, technologies and processes.
- Collaborate with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product requirements and solve business critical problems
- Defining the vision for the team’s product suite (Applications, ML ops)
- Managing the product backlog and prioritizing them based on value delivery and customer needs.
- Overseeing all stages of product creation including design and development
- Monitoring and evaluating product progress at each stage of the process
- Liaising with the product team and end-users to deliver updates
- Provide Agile consulting, guidance and participate in Scrum meetings and product sprints reviews
- Ensures exemplary communication with all stakeholders including senior business leaders
- Articulates solutions /recommendations to business users. Presents analytical content concisely and effectively to non-technical audiences and influences non-analytical business leaders to drive major strategic decisions basis analytical inputs
- Coordinates, prioritize and efficiently allocates the team resources to critical initiatives: plans resources proactively, anticipates and actively manages change, sets stakeholder expectations as required, identifies operational risks and enable the team to drives issues to resolution, balances multiple priorities and minimizes surprise escalations
- 7-10 years of experience working in coding and data solutions design principles, particularly in open source tools and technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience in Data Science strongly preferred
- Experience in customer engagement projects related to data science applications
- In depth knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Data Science Life Cycle along with MLOps functions
- Experience with at least one of the Cloud technology (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience with at least one of the programming language – Java, Python and Scala
- Prioritization techniques
- Experience in communicating recommendations to senior business leaders highly preferred.
- BA/BS, or relevant work experience, in Computer Science or related field preferred. MBA or advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative discipline strongly preferred
Liberty Mutual Group is an American diversified global insurer and the sixth-largest property and casualty insurer in the United States. It ranks 71st on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the United States based on 2020 revenue.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Liberty Mutual is currently hiring Director of Data Science Jobs in United States with average base salary of $190,000 - $300,000 / Year.