Posted on:16 May 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Director II, Data Science - Product Design & Modeling - Property & General Liability
Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
The Product Design and Modeling team has two openings for a Director II, Data Science, who will each lead a team responsible for driving pricing and non-pricing sophistication in the US Design team separately for the Property and General Liability (GL) lines of business. These managers will report directly to the Package & WC Design Lead and will collaborate with global teams in Product Design and Modeling, including Complex Components, Demand Modeling, and Pricing Sophistication.
The positions are responsible for the following:
- Building complex models that lead best-in-class new business pricing sophistication
- Leading the project and pricing management of the Property or GL line of business
- Developing a high-performing pricing modeling team
This level reflects broad knowledge of Business Lines products, actuarial & data science techniques, and the application of those techniques for the Property & GL lines of business, separately.
- Develop expertise in Property or GL products in self and team as well as understanding of relationship with BOP products
- Build complex models that lead best-in-class new business pricing sophistication
- Collaborate with Economics team to understand product performance, investigate gaps and drive for additional accuracy in pricing models
- Explore and utilize advanced modeling techniques (e.g., machine learning techniques such as Elastic Nets); collaborate with the Office of Data Science, and partner teams in Product Design and Modeling and Global Risk Solutions(Commercial Lines) to develop and align on best practices
- Collaborate with Delivery, Solutions, and Underwriting Effectiveness teams to help implement new pricing programs
- Provide thought leadership on the pricing strategy of Property or GL and how they support the BOP line of business
- Lead the project and pricing management of the Property or GL line of business
- Understand the competitive marketplace, business issues, and data challenges to deliver actionable insights, recommendations, and business processes
- Develop a high-performing pricing modeling team
- Bachelor’s degree required. Insurance designations such as FCAS or advanced degree in a quantitative field desirable
- Overall, 5-7 years of progressively more responsible experience, including supervisory experience
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of all casualty actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions
- Expert skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, Emblem, R, Python) highly desired
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Statistical, Information Technology, Legal, and Sales departments
- High-level knowledge of data sources, tools, and the business (lines, systems, pricing plans), predictive modeling, and code (e.g., SQL) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization
- Ability to give effective training and presentations to senior management and other groups
- Ability to lead and get work done through others
- Ability to coach and develop staff members
Liberty Mutual Group is an American diversified global insurer and the sixth-largest property and casualty insurer in the United States. It ranks 71st on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the United States based on 2020 revenue.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Liberty Mutual is currently hiring Director of Data Science Jobs in Boston, MA, USA with average base salary of $190,000 - $300,000 / Year.