Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Macy's, Inc is building an Enterprise Data & Analytics team to further grow our capabilities in support of our mission to be a data-led, customer-centric company. This team will focus on accelerating impact from analytics, coordinating an enterprise-wide roadmap, and ensuring proper data governance and management. This team will lead the charge to execute on our vision to build profitable lifetime customer relationships by embedding data & analytics at the heart of everything we do.
The Senior, Data Scientist will join a best-in-class data science CoE team in a fast-changing retail environment. The Senior, Data Scientist will design, develop and implement advanced data science models and machine learning solutions and applications for priority business use cases across enterprise, such as online experience, marketing, merchandising, supply chain, finance, and store operations. The Senior, Data Scientist will apply cutting edge data science techniques to large amounts of data to drive actionable insights, and develop intelligent and scalable AI solutions. This role will report to Sr. Director, Enterprise Data Science.
- Execute best-in-class advanced analytics with scalable and reusable codebase and models that solve business problems
- Coordinate closely with Lead & Principal Data Scientists to generate and test hypotheses that align with priority use cases
- Comply with analytics standards, including guidelines for tailoring analytics methodologies to specific use case needs (e.g., ML, AI, descriptive analytics)
- Define batch or real-time streaming data needs, evaluate data quality, and extract/manipulate data in a Big Data environment
- Define internal and external data needs, quality measures and suitability for use
- Support the building of predictive models to identify opportunities to provide further support to
- Generate high impact visualizations to communication findings generated from data
- Work with Data and Solution Architecture teams as required to implement data pipelines and tools to ensure efficient and seamless execution of analytics
- Support Lead Data Scientists to build enterprise-wide data assets that will accelerate delivery of new use cases and help train machine learning models
- Embody data-driven culture at Macy's
- Provide support for business users to leverage insights and provide high value impact
- Maintain an up-to-date view on methods being used in the data science community
- Bolster awareness, knowledge and conviction around data-driven practices and behaviors, increasing
digital IQ of BUs
- Be agile in identifying data issues and taking action to remediate
- Key Performance Indicators
- Development and deployment of algorithms and methodologies for analytics use cases
- Consistent application of coding and methodology best practices
- Metrics that measure the models' effectiveness in meeting business goals
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Graduate Degree
- PhD Graduate with little to no work experience, or Master’s degree with 2-5 years of work experience in the role’s relevant technologies and field of expertise
- Data scientist fluent in complex algorithms and analytics methodologies across multiple platforms and languages, including Google Cloud Platform
- Analytics expert with experience collaborating with business functions to deliver solutions that support decision making
- Understanding of core analytical and statistical methods, including regression, segmentation/clustering, predictive modeling, time-series analysis and machine learning techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
Macy's is an American chain of department stores founded in 1858 by Rowland Hussey Macy. It became a division of the Cincinnati-based Federated Department Stores in 1994, through which it is affiliated with the Bloomingdale's department store chain; the holding company was renamed Macy's, Inc. in 2007.
No. of Employees
New York City, NY, USA