Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macy's, Inc is building an Enterprise Data & Analytics team to further grow our capabilities in support of our mission to be a data-led, customer-centric company. This team will focus on accelerating impact from analytics, coordinating an enterprise-wide roadmap, and ensuring proper data governance and management. This team will lead the charge to execute on our vision to build profitable lifetime customer relationships by embedding data & analytics at the heart of everything we do.
The Director of Data Governance will have ownership of defining and enforcing data standards, enabling execution of priority analytics use cases, and implementing data strategy and management standards across the enterprise. The Director will provide input into establishing the data governance organization, roles, responsibilities and key competencies (i.e. setting and implementing data quality standards, data access/control policies and procedures, meta and master data management standards, and enabling tools for building a robust data dictionary/glossary and rules etc.) for their area of responsibility across multiple functions within the organization. In this role, the Director will partner with executive level business stakeholders and technical partners to define the overall strategy for management of data standards, develop and implement process and systemic solutions to deliver and maintain the required processes, and provide effective governance to ensure high quality and reliable data across the enterprise. Perform other duties as assigned.
Governance Processes & Standards
- In partnership with the Senior Director, Data Governance, establish a Data Governance strategy for area of responsibility and oversee Data Governance activities specific to the stewardship of data to drive consistent definition, usage, and quality
- Define and maintain master data definitions and represent specific business stakeholders needs
- Responsible to work with business functions, define and communicate data standards, policies and procedures for the organization to ensure a common business vocabulary, and consistently provide information to leverage data cross-functionally
- Provide key support to use case execution, coordinating closely with business units to provide required resources
- Support data owners to classify, describe and document the data sources and data elements using tools such as data dictionaries and glossaries, and ensure they capture the data lineage
- Coordinate efforts with other Master Data Governance Directors and concepts to employ consistent data governance across Macy’s Inc.
- Manage Data Governance presentations, metrics, dashboards and overall communications
- Partner with legal and privacy teams to ensure proper data handling policies and procedures are followed
- Define and ensure compliance with Macy’s Inc. data governance policies
- Review and resolve Master Data issues and project risks.
- Coordinate data rules and definitions brought forth from end users or project teams
- Facilitate data quality program and implement appropriate changes to systems or processes to correct any data quality problems encountered
- Recommend creative solutions to resolve issues in data policies, data definitions, usage, quality and metrics
- Develop, analyze and maintain metrics for measuring adherence and improvement in data area of responsibility
- Community builder to foster data and analytics culture and to support data-driven thinking and discussions across priority analytics use cases
- Collaborative with various stakeholders and Tech to set up the required processes, rules and underlying infrastructure to manage the data
- Ethical, responsible and transparent leadership
- Identify and assess training needs to develop learning plans for direct reports in partnership with Senior Director
- Shape a data-centric culture, manage conflicts and create transparency in data regulations across the organization
- Display regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Master's Degree in related field preferred
- 10+ years direct experience
- 5+ years of people leadership in a data management capacity
- Ability to implement data policies and principles to ensure data is both acceptable and accurate
- Knowledge and experience in Google Cloud Platform and tools
- Moderate to advanced SQL/NoSQL skills
- Experience with database design and analytics concepts
- Experience using data management tools, such as ETL and data documentation tools, is a plus
- Experience with Informatica Data Quality tools is a plus
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
Macy's is an American chain of department stores founded in 1858 by Rowland Hussey Macy. It became a division of the Cincinnati-based Federated Department Stores in 1994, through which it is affiliated with the Bloomingdale's department store chain; the holding company was renamed Macy's, Inc. in 2007.
No. of Employees
New York City, NY, USA