Do you want to use your analytical abilities to make an impact on the healthcare of others? Join CVS Health, a Fortune 4 company as a Care Management Analytics Data Scientist, where you will implement analytic reporting & technology as it relates to contractual analytic reporting needs, program value evaluation, issue resolution, capabilities and stabilization. Here, you will be a part of a small, high impact team that support various care management analytic activities as an individual contributor.
Additionally, you will:
- Use a consultative approach when providing recommendations and solutions to drive successful outcomes and build a data driven story of value, engage with internal and external stakeholders to obtain a true understanding of requirements to support both business decision making and client requests
- Develop, validate, and execute algorithms and predictive models in evaluate program performance, identify targeting opportunities, detect patterns to uncover areas for program improvement, and use the information learned to demonstrate program value and recommend solutions to business partners
- Use data visualization tools and techniques to effectively and efficiently communicate analytic findings to support business decisions and client reporting needs
- Explore, understand, and interpret sophisticated data environments, applying tools such as machine learning and natural language processing to analyze petabytes of data
- Perform analyses of structured and unstructured data to inform advanced statistical and mathematical analyses
- Create and evaluate the data needs of assigned projects, explores existing data, and recommends additional sources of data for improvements, and assures the integrity of the data through root cause analysis
- Utilize new technologies such as Tableau, Teradata, Hadoop, Snowflake, BigQuery, Google Cloud, and Alation to support reporting needs
- To be successful in this role you will bring with you a demonstrated history of success utilizing oral and verbal communication skills to present information and build partnerships. You should also have a high level of attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing as needed and meeting timelines. Your problem-solving skills will be tested as you further your understanding of data reconciliation, reporting, and analysis.
- 3 years data science experience required (graduate level education may substitute for experience)
- 2 plus years SQL experience or other relative programming experience
- 2 plus years Healthcare data analytics experience
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- 4 plus years SQL experience or other relative programming experience in the context of applications such as Tableau, Teradata, Hadoop, Snowflake, BigQuery, Google Cloud, and Alation
- 4 plus years experience working in a professional environment with clients/partners including Reconciliation, Program Value Evaluation, and Root Cause Analysis
- 2 plus years utilizing machine learning and natural language processing tools
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau
- Solid understanding of study design to advise analytic decisions to assess program value
- Bachelors Degree required
- Masters Degree with concentration in Information Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Analytics, Epidemiology or other programming and data related fields of study preferred
- Equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
CVS Health Corporation
At CVS Health, we share a clear purpose: helping people on their path to better health. Through our health services, plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. Making quality care more affordable, accessible, simple and seamless, to not only help people get well, but help them stay well in body, mind and spirit.