Posted on:6 May 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
- This role will drive reporting analytics and data analysis for one or more of Shell’s Mobility (Retail) business teams
- The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering commercial value and insights through Retail Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- Ideal candidate will work on:
- Engaging the stakeholders to understand the business problem and gather requirements
- Data extraction and reporting using different tools and techniques like Alteryx, SQL
- Generate insights from the data and effective story boarding.
- Ability to identify and suggest key performance indicators for the stakeholders.
- Responsible for maintaining the reporting requirements
- Regularly interact with stakeholders/business owners and present actionable insights from the dashboards.
- Candidate should be able to ask the right questions, ability to move from data to insight to action, break down strategic & operational questions from different Retail teams and structurally answer them with data driven insights
- Should have intensive experience in Business Intelligence – creating dashboards, providing business performance insights, and storyboarding the outcome.
- Incumbent is responsible for working on a range of technologies and tools collaborating directly with the Retail stakeholders & other partners
Industry / Functional Expertise
- Provide deep business expertise in Retail/CPG businesses:
- Category Analytics: Range reviews, Assortment planning, identifying trends and patterns in category performance, new product launches
- Marketing and Promotion Analytics: Campaign design and promo effectiveness testing
- Store Analytics: Leverage data and visualization to create actionable insights for on ground store teams, territory, and district managers
- Should have strong story telling skills: Ability to explain complex data and models to business teams
- Proficiency Level: Intermediate
Stakeholder Engagement Skills
- Working collaboratively across multiple sets of stakeholders – business SMEs, IT, Data teams, Analytics resources to deliver on project deliverables and tasks
- Identify actionable insights that directly address Retail Team’s challenges / opportunities
- Articulate business insights and recommendations to respective stakeholders
- Understanding business KPI's, frameworks and drivers for performance
- Proficiency Level: Mastery
- Strong experience in specialized analytics tools and technologies (including, but not limited to)
- Azure Databricks/Alteryx/SQL
- Power BI, Spotfire or other visualization tools
- Reporting skills: Data collection, Data cleaning, Data Quality Analysis, Exploratory data analysis, Reporting Automation, Uni variate analysis, Bi-variate analysis, Data visualization, Dashboard maintenance and leverage various reporting tools
- Should be strong at understanding data architecture or frameworks.
- Assess data availability and reporting/modelling feasibility
- Proficiency Level: Skill-to-Mastery
- Easily analyzes, draw, and synthesizes important insights from complex data.
- Identify relevant data sources available and pro-actively suggest on integration of various data sources to drive business requirements.
- Extremely curious and self-driven to understand business performance through data.
- Ability to translate a business question into a well-defined analytical plan that includes data requirements for technical resources to extract the necessary data.
- Rapid onboarding on projects, understanding analytics goal and working with ill-defined datasets
- Communicating technical jargon in plain English to colleagues within Data Science team and outside
- Virtual working with network of colleagues located throughout the globe
- Minimum 4-7 years of relevant experience in Business Analytics
- Should have strong experience in delivering dashboards with at least one of the technologies Power BI / Spotfire / Qlik
- Preferred experience in Retail, CPG or E-commerce
- Good interpersonal communication skills and influencing skills
- Eagerness to learn and ability to work with limited supervision
Shell plc is a British publicly traded multinational oil and gas company headquartered at Shell Centre in London, United Kingdom. Shell is a public limited company with a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and secondary listings on Euronext Amsterdam and the New York Stock Exchange.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Shell plc is currently hiring Business Intelligence Analyst Jobs in Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines with average base salary of ₱540,000 - ₱900,000 / Year.