We are looking for a highly motivated and solution-oriented Lead Analyst to join our Search & Recommendations Analytics team. The team leverages Wayfair’s huge datasets to inform roadmaps of our search technology and recommendations. We work in close collaboration with a high performing team of engineers, machine learning engineers/data scientists, and product managers who are on the leading edge of the search and recommendation space. Examples of our work are:
- Design, run and analyze the results of A/B tests of new search or recommendation algorithms and strategies; we also develop new testing and test analysis methodologies.
- KPI reporting and monitoring; this includes anomaly detection tools and advanced measurement approaches.
- Exploratory data analysis (e.g. clustering/segmentation) to generate new insights & inform our product roadmaps.
- Use and develop our in-house automated tools; for instance, we have created a QA tool to better understand the performance of our new algorithms before A/B testing them.
What you will do
- Define and own the strategic agenda to unlock insights and guide the business
- Run open-ended exploratory data analysis to identify new ideas and opportunities
- Design and run A/B tests of our latest search or recommendations algorithms
- Proactively monitor our algorithmic models to identify potential issues, determine root causes, and resolve.
- Build new tools that allow us to be more productive and efficient
- Work closely and build productive relationships with our product, engineering and machine learning stakeholders.
- Proactively identify areas where advanced analytical efforts can produce a strong value add and work them into the roadmap.
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization
What you will need
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, math, statistics, economics, or other quantitative discipline; Masters preferred.
- 5+ years work experience in a relevant field (in addition to any graduate education).
- Analytics or Data Science experience with e-commerce companies is a strong plus.
- In-depth experience with SQL (aggregate functions, query optimization, stored procedures, string parsing, Vertica/Hive/Presto/Spark, etc.), required.
- In-depth experience with python & python tools (Jupyter notebooks, functions, pandas, sklearn, matplotlib, etc.), required.
- Experience with experimental design (A/B tests) and statistical analysis to drive business decision making, highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience using machine learning algorithms/techniques (decision trees, random forest, deep learning, etc.) within a business context, highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication with a team player, highly collaborative attitude.
- Ability to collaborate and proactively communicate with stakeholders.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and technical abilities along with problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis.
- Prior experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value add and setting the analytics roadmap.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliver against aggressive goals.
Wayfair Inc. is an American e-commerce company that sells furniture and home-goods. Formerly known as CSN Stores, the company was founded in 2002. Their digital platform offers 14 million items from more than 11,000 global suppliers. The online company is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Wayfair has offices and warehouses throughout the United States as well as in Canada, Germany, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.