Leads team members to provide direct input to the overall engineering process and to team meetings. Coordinates within a team environment which is essential to work on various aspects of the platform and products, as is a devotion of collaboration to problem solve, design sophistically, and increase product quality.
- Leads the design and development of solutions to various problems either independently or in a team environment; designs and maintains efficient code that is reliable.
- Guides the creation of technical documents such as a design specification document.
- Ensures applications are performing at high capacity, responsiveness, and quality.
- Finds solutions to reduce issues and defects.
- Maintains that the platform’s code and data are organized, automated, and of high quality.
- Guides junior team personnel by recommending software design and development opportunities/best practices.
- Employees use knowledge and skills to contribute to the development of functional objectives and principles to achieve goals in innovative ways. Problems addressed are of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
- Uses knowledge and skills to contribute to the development of functional objectives and principles to achieve goals in innovative ways. Problems addressed are of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience and progressive experience where team leadership was demonstrated, required.
- Hands-on experience working with Google Data Products like BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, AI Building Blocks, Looker, Cloud Data Fusion, Dataprep, etc.
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL modern data stores
- Experience in Spark (Scala/Python/Java) and Kafka preferred
- Cloud data infrastructure knowledge of Azure Databricks, snowflake, amazon Redshift etc.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data modeling
- Working with large datasets and solving difficult analytical problems using cloud solutions
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $98,300.09-$170,100.06/year
Northwell Health is a nonprofit integrated healthcare network that is New York State's largest healthcare provider and private employer, with more than 81,000 employees. The flagship hospitals of Northwell are North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center (LIJ Medical Center).