Our Invaio Research & Development team based in Cambridge, MA is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Research Associate to join our Analytical Sciences team. A successful candidate will join a dynamic team that plays a central role in collecting and interpreting analytical data in support of multiple R&D projects spanning Invaio’s pipeline of innovative crop health solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibilities for this position focus on executing analytical procedures and quantifying new actives in diverse matrices such as soil and plant tissue.
- Responsible for day-to-day analytical testing using several techniques, including but not limited to HPLC, LCMS, and ELISA..
- Implements and optimizes specific analytical assays to measure small molecule active ingredients, lipids, peptides, proteins and other molecules in various samples, with an emphasis on increasing throughput and reducing turnaround time, under the guidance of more senior R&D staff.
- Participates in day-to-day lab operations. Accurately follows SOPs, manages the lab, electronic records, and maintains existing instruments to support current projects and platforms.
- Analyzes and interprets data, prepares reports and creates new report templates in an electronic notebook such as Benchling to document laboratory results.
- Frequent interactions with R&D team members through regular team and one-on-one meetings; supports project leads, key internal and external stakeholders to meet project deadlines.
- Writes protocols, SOPs and manages overall documentation of laboratory procedures and processes.
- BS or MS in any area of chemistry or biology, with 1-2 years of industry experience highly preferred.
- Technical knowledge in HPLC, ELISA and LCMS
- Experience using HPLC, LCMS, ELISA, and other analytical methods to characterize and quantify small molecules and biopolymers including peptides, proteins, nucleic acids and lipids.
- Experience in method development, validation, and data analysis are preferred.
- Experience with analytical tools (e.g., XCalibur, Open Lab, MassLynx) is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Inquiries & Considerations:
Invaio is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a proactive program of diversity development. Invaio will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.
As a breakthrough agriculture biotech company, we bring innovative, nature-positive crop health technologies to support growers in tackling the biggest threats to their crops.
The new ways we’ve developed to precision-deliver a range of natural bioactives have the potential to radically reduce the use of pesticides, reduce water use and CO2 emissions, and lead to greater crop system health. They’re better for crops, better for the environmen
No. of Employees
Cambridge, MA, USA