We’re seeking a dynamic, analytics and data-driven senior statistician/data scientist who will provide advanced statistical support in the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of global field trials, greenhouse and lab assays. You will engage and collaborate with global assay teams across the organization and work with the Data Science and Computation teams to deliver robust methodologies for decision making and insights. We are looking for an individual willing, and able, to assume ownership and work with stakeholders to define requirements and deliver new stats, data analytics and insightful data visualizations.
- Provide advanced analytics for field trials, greenhouse trials, and lab assays across different global functional areas, including both pre-trial simulation as well as statistical interpretation of results in order to inform decision-making.
- Provide statistical analyses to various stakeholders including power analysis, experimental design, simulation-based stress-testing, and mixed effects models.
- Communicate effectively to stakeholders through well-designed exploratory data analysis (EDA) visualizations and transparent model build/selection processes.
- Create derived analytics and build insightful visual dashboards.
- Help advocate for scalable, data driven decision making within the organization.
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific vision of the company.
- MS degree (or relevant experience) in statistics, economics, data science or other quantitative area
- 3+ year demonstrated ability to apply advanced statistical methodology and data science to real-world problems
- Experience with tools for data analysis, statistical computation, and visualization; programming and pipeline development skills to integrate large, complex datasets from distinctive structured and unstructured sources
- Experience with complex, multi-source, multi-year, and multi-location biological datasets typical of agricultural systems.
- Experience using Python, or R and some Python.
- Experience using Looker or Tableau or other third-party visualization software to build relevant reporting
- Advanced SQL proficiency (any dialect).
- Experience working with various types of molecular and genetic data is a plus
- Ability to create and communicate findings from data-focused analyses with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Understands and manipulates data in order to create useful visualizations with actionable insights
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure proper data collection for robust reporting
- Passion for concise and thorough documentation
- Self-motivated and curious with strong desire to both learn from and teach others
- Inquiries and Considerations
Invaio is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a proactive program of diversity development. Invaio will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.
As a breakthrough agriculture biotech company, we bring innovative, nature-positive crop health technologies to support growers in tackling the biggest threats to their crops.
The new ways we’ve developed to precision-deliver a range of natural bioactives have the potential to radically reduce the use of pesticides, reduce water use and CO2 emissions, and lead to greater crop system health. They’re better for crops, better for the environmen
No. of Employees
Cambridge, MA, USA