Posted on:7 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys designing, building and delivering complex systems. You love coding and revel in finding elegant solutions to difficult problems. You understand the challenges of handling data at scale and are always looking for opportunities to leverage open-source tools to accelerate development. You are passionate about learning new technologies, are team orientated and a strong communicator.
Objectives of the role
- Design, develop and deliver scalable, robust and highly re-usable components in the cloud
- Participate in all aspects of development from design to delivery, acting as both developer and component lead
- Interact closely with data users, including data engineers and data scientists to understand & refine requirements
- Develop code, write unit tests and conduct code reviews
- Debug and troubleshoot problems in code and data pipelines
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, processes and reference architectures
- Identify areas for process improvement and automation
- Collaborate closely with developers and provide mentorship as appropriate
- Work in Agile development environment, attending daily stand-up meetings and delivering incremental improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or a related field
- Python/Java: 5+ Years' professional experience in software development with modern programming languages such as Java or Python
- Code: Strong foundation in algorithms, design patterns and writing efficient code
- Data: Good understanding of data and experience with database technologies (e.g. SQL, Vertica, Redshift, Snowflake)
- CI/CD: Experience with source control and CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Testing: Proficient in writing unit, integration and load tests
- Communication: Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Able to work independently and to provide leadership to small teams of developers
- Master’s degree in computer science or engineering or a related field
- Cloud: 2+ years building and deploying to AWS cloud environments
- Big Data: 2+ years using Apache Spark or similar big data technologies
- Streaming: Experience using streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache Spark Streaming or Apache Flink
The Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, also known as MassMutual, is a Springfield, Massachusetts-based life insurance company. MassMutual provides financial products such as life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance, retirement/401 plan services, and annuities.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
MassMutual is currently hiring Software Engineer Jobs in Boston, MA, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.