Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The mandate at Air Canada Cargo is to develop a Big Data and AI ecosystem to improve experiences for customers, employees and partners while capturing opportunities to apply AI capabilities in the operation. This is a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies, and to contribute to the creation of the Air Canada of tomorrow.
We are looking for a candidate who has a strong background in data science and experience in implementing AI models in the business.
Key Functions and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the oversight of the data science models produced by the Information Technology AI data scientists for cargo
- Develop and implement processes for the end-to-end deployment of the data science models
- Oversight of the data science elements of ModelOps - Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), monitor, track and provide recommendations on improvements to models to increase accuracy
- Ensure the optimization of data science models, including feature selection and build
- Act as intermediary between the cargo business and the Information Technology data science teams to ensure mutual understanding of business problems and AI solutions
- Ensure AI model performance are at the highest levels
- Leverage visualization tools to present data science outputs
- Key participant in the strategic development and execution of the Cargo AI Roadmap
- Effectively prepare steering committee presentations for senior management
- Coach and educate business stakeholders on the use of data science models
- Work with Information Technology teams to fully understand the potential and capabilities of the AI tools used and constantly innovating using the latest functionalities
- Work collaboratively in developing new AI driven solutions with a multi-disciplinary team including business stakeholders, change managers, business translators, data scientists, data engineers and developers
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, operational research, or other quantitative field
- MBA or other equivalent business experience
- 5+ years of experience working with data science modeling
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of the cargo industry
- Experience in data visualization and analytical tools
- Experience and understanding in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Experience with cloud machine learning tools (Azure ML, Databricks), an asset
- Programming experience in at least two of the following languages: R, Python, Scala, SQL
- Strong communications, presentation, and decision-making skills
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Strong team orientation
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and analytical abilities
- A strong understanding of technological integrations including program delivery, continuous implementation, and delivery processes
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Air Canada is the flag carrier and the largest airline of Canada by fleet size and passengers carried. Air Canada maintains its headquarters in the borough of Saint-Laurent, Montreal, Quebec.